Spring Ranchero Roundup

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cbolt, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

It has been asked for, a few times, to no avail.
    It was supposed to go to the west coast 5 years ago as it was wanted for a few events here.

2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

we have to make a new one ,have to work on that

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

One what?

4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

EXACTLY - one what the fork

5. cbolt

cbolt In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Now that I know there is a banner. I can see from the banner request thread that the banner is either in rough shape or a bit frayed at the edges. I cannot ascertain which it is. Also, it looks like we can get a banner made for roughly what one would cost to ship if I read the "private" message correctly.

I am not looking to cause any trouble, just to get some advertisement for our "club" while at shows. Other clubs I belong to have banners and other swag they provide for either prizes or for sale items if mini club meets are held. Now I realize with no real dues collection this club isn't like the others, I would still think a way to generate interest and possible dues paying members is to get the word out that there is, in fact, a club, forum, and bunch of guys & gals who are Ranchero enthusiasts. A big old club banner in the vicinity of a few Ranchero's may spark some interest. All that being said, I would be willing to help by flying the banner, if there is one, at events I attend.

If we have one I would request it for the next spring show. If what we have is damaged I would be willing to spearhead the efforts to replace what we have. If we don't have one I will look into creating one with permission from the site owner and some kind of template. I would think we would like to get this sorted out before the fall round up in Dawsonville. I am planning to attend and see as is 66, Andy if he goes, and whoever else is willing to attend. A club banner would be nice to have.

How does that sound? Maybe we can quit bickering now and figure this out?

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If that banner costs more than $20 to ship, I'd be surprised. We'll find out when I send it to Florida, soon (eventually).

cbolt likes this.
  7. cbolt

If you don't want to send it to Andy, you can send it to me. He is only about an hour west of me and I can deliver it in person. I'd be more than happy to cover the shipping

8. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

IF I couldda been younger and NOT too Pooped to SAFELY travel the 300 miles, after our Poker run, we`dda HAD a banner there...
    All day long that word OLD folks kept coming into our conversations...
    I reckon they finally convinced me I`ma one of them Old Folks...
    dc

1965 Ranchero 66G and cbolt like this.
  9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Dennis you have been one of the old folks since you ran into that pothole and missed out on the crawdads for dinner.....

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

And don't forget the dirty rice.

11. cbolt

http://turkeyrun.com/

Link to the 2nd annual Spring Ranchero Roundup. March 22-24 at the Daytona International Speedway. It was just Andy and I last year and we are hoping to get more folks in attendance this year. Lots of vendors, a big old swap meet, and lots of cars to look at.

Let me know how many are interested and we will go from there. I can tell you ill be there all three days and am working hard to get my engine rebuild complete and my wiring kit installed so I can bring my 67.