Stereo pics.

Discussion in 'Car and Home Audio' started by Lovinmy74, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JimmyMac likes this.
  2. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

once again...that is a wonderful job you did Lonnie....i just picked up a new head unit...to install before finalising my gauge install...wanna do it once..and not touch it for a while. ..hah...i was so loopy...instead of your custom work ..my first thought seeing the thread title was... "he's posted one of the 3D pictures for me to stare at and get dizzy"...i think i need to go home a lay down... :eek::D

3. Lovinmy74

Thanks HR, I'll upgrade my amp and head unit when money allows but I'm happy with the speakers and boxes. I need to add a capacitor too, my lights pulse at night.

4. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Nice Clean install Lonny looks good;)

5. Lovinmy74

Well, I got a new deck. It's a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB. It's clean and simple looking but it's not simple. It has full I pod controls, a USB port for a laptop, motorized faceplate, and the rest will take me the next month to learn. The manual was too big for paper so I got a DVD Rom with it. I also got a 1 Farod capacitor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There has to be more car stereos on this site, post some pics.

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero MODERATOR Staff Member

Dose my Kraco Am/FM cassette deck count??????:eek:

7. 78Squire400M

78Squire400M In Overdrive

Now I know my White Westinghouse tape deck is inadequate!:D

BTW, looking good, Lonny. I hope you roll your windows down a little before you crank it up!

8. DarkAngel

DarkAngel In Second Gear

Sweet Setup.

9. ridin_low07

ridin_low07 In First Gear

Hey i was wondering if you could shoot me some blue prints to your boxes and such. I just got a 74 Squire that i am trying to have a little fun with. Normally I drive Ex Cab trucks or cars so systems have never been complicated to build but this classic is throwing me through a loop. I plan on putting in 2 10" Xplod woofers and an Xplod 1000 watt amp behind the seat. I also want to put Xplod speakers in the doors, tweeters in the A-Pillar, and an upgraded dash speaker. I will probably run a Pioneer or JVC head unit with a blue tooth link. I am having a hard time figuring out how to design the boxes in the compartments. So like I said any help??

10. Lovinmy74

Certainly. No blueprints though. .75" MDF (medium density fiberboard). The front tucks up in the metal lip you can see in the pic, I left enough room in the middle for the amp, cut it big and carve the bottom a little at a time till it fits tight and is straight (I used a jig saw for carving). Cut the speaker hole out, now start carving the two side pieces so they are tight but can still slide in and out, put it together in the car and mark it where to screw it together, you have to drill out the screw holes and countersink or you will split the wood. Once the front and sides are made, the top, bottom, and back can be cut (make sure it will still fit) I screwed it together every three inches and glued all seams, then more and more glue till they were sealed airtight. The two pieces of wood screwed to the sides are for the amp rack which I extended out to build two more boxes for the 6' speakers and to hide all the wires. I screwed the top of the boxes to the metal lip but with all of it together it dosen't even wiggle without those screws.

11. Lovinmy74

[​IMG]

If you do it this way I wish I would have carpeted the back wall before I put it all together.

12. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think it looks good there as is Lonster. Will the other side fit a moose antler?

13. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

come on Seany-O the moose antler replaced his hood ornament LONG ago!!! yee haw :p

14. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

To get a god fit and easy to make the MDF to fit, cut it out in cardboard first, I allways do it and never fail (almost):rolleyes:

15. ridin_low07

ridin_low07 In First Gear

Do you have tens or twelves in the boxes and are they tuned? if so to what frequency?

16. Lovinmy74

Rockford Fosgate, Punch2, 500 watt each, dual voice coil, 4 ohm, 10". Never tuned em. In fact with the size of the cab and the big amp I have my settings for the subwoofers turned down a lot and it still vibrates my mirror. I'm a rock and roll man though, I like ten's but 8's would have worked good too. tight bass. 12's wont fit. Made one for my son's car with some Infinity 12's and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD it's loud, we have been chasing vibrations around his car for a year and a half, the roof and the fenders vibrate, my tailgate trim vibrates on my car if he's parked next to me with his trunk open. I like those Infinity's.
    This is only my second build with this stuff, all my others were cassette decks with a graphic equalizer/amp (40 watt) and some rockin 6x9's. YEAH!!!ROCK ON!!!!

17. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Nice fit Lonnie. Did you cut the dash panel. It looks like it belongs.

18. Lovinmy74

I did cut the dash. I know there is some people on here who would not dare but thats not me. I wanted a CD player and my car is not a collectors item. Even if it is someday I'll still keep it and drive it hard so I want it to be the way I want it.

19. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good for you. It's not like you ruined the car or anything.

20. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero MODERATOR Staff Member

WHAT YOU CUT THE DASH???????? O wait that right its not a Q so it ok.......;)