Stereo pics.

Discussion in 'Car and Home Audio' started by Lovinmy74, Mar 21, 2008.

1. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

I haven't gotten around to do the stereo yet but it is definitely on the list! Right now I am rocking out with the stereo that was in the truck when I purchased it. Auto-reverse and a whopping 4 watts per channel. Living large!

ke_1033.jpg

Here are the speakers. I don't know how they handle all that high power!

Image00021.jpg

Which brings up a question. What do you guys do for the tweeter and midrange? There is no room for speakers in the doors so I was thinking some sort of kick panel mounting or surface mounting like they are now but with much better speakers. Thoughts?

Laters,
    Jeff

2. Klain

Klain In First Gear

Lonnie, what did you cut it out with? Jig Saw, Sawsall, Dremel? Did you cut the plastic and the steel backer at the same time, or separate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There has to be more car stereos on this site, post some pics.[/QUOTE]

3. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

My son and I just installed his new JVC system into his new (too him) roadmaster estate wagon. The install turned out pretty nice.

[​IMG]

subwoofer box....

[​IMG]

Hillbilly likes this.
  4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Dan, I'm going a slightly different route on my 96 Roadie. Found that some of the Lincoln Navigators came with a real nice Alpine head unit that miraculously fits the dash of the Buick. The Lincoln setup has a six disc player hid in the console and a neat sub woofer what will fit in the rear compartment like a glove. A friend has a Navigator with that system and it sounds great. Local salvage guy brought me a Lincoln to strip out what I want for $200 at my leisure. Taking the entire wiring harness for the sound system. Wish I could make the steering wheel controls work on the Buick though.

5. Dan the ranchero man

Since most of the music media my son listens to is on some sort of zip drive or MP4 the USB port is a very important part of his sound system. The Navigator's sound system does not have one of those. But I personally like the fact that the subwoofer is hidden away unlike Tim's.

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Thought about having those aux. ports added, my radio is getting them added by some sharp guys up in MtJuliet, TN. so I'll have those options if needed. ( http://www.randbvintageautoradio.com ) Should sound just as good in the Roadie as I'm using the JBL sealed speakers all around from the Lincoln.

7. Dan the ranchero man

sounds great. I like the stock system in my 09 charger. (Boston acoustics) That is one I would like to have in one of the rancheros.

8. Klain

Klain In First Gear

Here is how mine turned out. Got rid of the bulbs while I was at it and went LED, added some in the back too.
    IMG_20141213_161932858.jpg IMG_20141221_151723627.jpg IMG_20141221_210255023.jpg IMG_20141226_145459662.jpg IMG_20141228_165528324.jpg IMG_20141228_170352495.jpg IMG_20141228_170414595.jpg IMG_20150101_115124453_HDR.jpg IMG_20150103_161628345.jpg IMG_20150103_161714635.jpg

9. Dan the ranchero man

I really like how your subwoofer box fits in the storage compartment. Mine is to big and sits behind the passenger side seat.

Hillbilly likes this.
  10. Klain

Klain In First Gear

'Thanks, I actually found that little box online cheaper than I could build it , two 8"s. Plenty of sound for the cabin size.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  11. Dan the ranchero man

Mine is a single 8 and sounds great. But misses fitting by about a 1/4 of an inch. Don't want to damage the box but I am looking into a nice way of making it fit.

12. Klain

Klain In First Gear