Stop siphoning

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by John Roman, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm liking the sticker idea.

2. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

That's what they used to do back in 73 during the "gas crisis". Replace a lot of tanks back then.
    As far as the "diesel only" sticker goes, your assuming that they can read.

3. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

If I was the fiendish sort with excess free time, I'd consider installing a hidden filler neck and route the stock filler to a small septic tank :)

4. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

If you want to destroy a engine pour a can of coke in the oil.
    The bearings get eaten up within a hundred miles

As far as diesel in your gas tank if engine is hot it will run like shit and have no power at all. but when it cools down its a no start. the higher the percentage the worse it gets.

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I was reffering to gas in a deisel ingine, not the other way around.

6. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

yeah...gas in a diesel will definitely do some damage

7. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

I know your where you were going putting diesel heads in orbit

8. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

A few years back I was on a construction site.
    Saw this guy carrying two 5 gallon gas jugs toward the generator, tried to head the situation off, but neither he, nor any of his crew spoke english.
    Backed off to a safe distance and watched.
    First 5 gallons went in, thing started running rough, about 1/2 way into the second jug it got real loud and failed with a loud bang.
    Nothing airborne, but that 100KVA tow behind deisel generator wasn't going to make any power until it got a new engine.
    They got into a heated argument, and all three of them bailed, one of them left a cell phone on the generator.

Steve 74gtQ likes this.
  9. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Yeah I sold a rebuilt engine to anougher shop once. told me the didn't have a core I asked why found out they tried straight oxygen from there torch set to get it to start.
    The rods and pistons and half the crank went though the pan and the head landed 40 feet away.
    He put some atcetalyn in the mix also

10. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I bought a wildlife camera on Amazon a few years ago, for like $50. So far, I've caught pics of a few bear trying to get into my garbage (one succeeded, after opening the lock I installed), a woodpecker trying to kill my side view mirror, a few raccoons, my neighbors dog crapping in my driveway (and then the neighbor told me it wasn't their dog, because it's always locked up,...ha, here's the pics, a-hole!), and, the best one, our pest control guy not doing his job. He was in our driveway for 1 minute, yet said he laid pesticide around the perimeter of the house, AND around the doors and windows. The money I got back from that one paid for the camera, two times over. Anyway, nothing better than catching people red-handed.

Cindy and pmrphil like this.