Storm Damage looks different in "Real Life"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by As Is '66, Jan 12, 2020.

1. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Hurricane, Flooding & Tornado damage are some I`ve experienced and very much heartfelt
    BUT it`s Lightning this time!!!
    I`ve seen pictures and TV coverage, BUT until I see it for myself it just ain`t the same...
    WOW!
    Death and much destruction from this recent band of storms, prayer goes out for those affected...
    Lightning is POWERFUL!!!
    Last nights storm came through with much lightning...
    One of the strikes was CLOSE!
    The light was still in the air when the BOOM Came!
    Shook the house! It Did!...
    On my way out this morning I saw the AT&T phone box at the road had exploded and burnt, so when I came in from church I investigated...
    It struck a dead pine tree, one we had planted in the yard, It too EXPLODED!
    I paced off 70 steps out to where the debris, from the tree, had been thrown...
    There`s a hole you could bury a full grown hog at the roots...
    I`d never seen such damage from power of a lightning strike like this example???
    Mostly, it made 8"x 2" and smaller pieces BUT>
    Some of the Pieces of the tree, 3' to 8' long x 3" to 6" were tossed 30+ paces away from the tree too...
    WOW!!!
    The larger chunks hit a few trees and made skint places in the bark of these nearby trees...
    The Boom and power of lightning, tripped a circuit breaker in the house and several tripped in the shop, it took out a couple of GFIC recepticles also, I reckon, being as they don`t work!
    It blew the light & motion sensor off the light at the barn too...

Whenever lightning is popping, I pray you`re OK @Hillbilly ,
    Dennis

2. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Mother Nature wins, every time.. Glad you are safe.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Uh Huh ! First hand observation of what it can do is impressive. Those tall tales I recounted don't seem so impossible do they ? God must have a really good reason for letting me survive in as good a condition as I am in after getting blistered by lightning so darn many times. Last storm split and hit Tullahoma on one side and Cowan on the other. Got some really close hits here but I haven't found the damage yet, hope it is just trees behind the cane break. Whatever happened to plain ol' rain ?

4. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yeah @Hillbilly , I KNOW you were telling me truths when you said what happened to things at your place, BUT I Just couldn`t fathom that without "Firsthand experience"
    I Got power to everything and running now though,
    D