TCP Front Suspension

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by RancheroRandy, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Cool ! I like that design.

2. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

I should mention that lubing grease fittings was always very problematic and I usually had to get one of my sons to assist...I found a wonderful grease gun fitting on-line: Lock 'N Lube that works just as advertised (a toss-up sometimes buying stuff over the internet) and has made for me trying to do a frustrating task a breeze now. :) lock n lube1.jpg lock n lube2.jpg

pmrphil likes this.
  3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The one I had was either a Snap-On or Mac fitting, that snapped on to the zerk fitting at a 90° angle. I've been trying to find a new one ever since I lost the old one.

It was perfect for those Ford upper bushing zerks, so holes would not have to be drilled in the shock towers.

4. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

Got my new front end aligned....my eyeball job wasn't too, too bad except the toe that I knew was a little screwy. It was very interesting to watch (on the techno-monster alignment machine) how dynamic alignment is and by adjusting just one little thing affect the others. It took 2 hours to do (my mechanic is a perfectionist) but it certainly did improve the already improved handling and steering. For those interested here are the final results: Camber .5 Neg degrees; Caster R.3.0 degrees, L. 2.5 degrees due to road crown, Toe-in 1/8"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021