Moved this from 'Astrocaster ukulele build' in the Lounge, since it kinda started there. I bought a really beautifully figured Telecaster neck a while back, and put it on a custom body I built. The combination didn't look right anymore, so it's going on a new unfinished Telecaster body I found on ebay from 'ToneBomb' in Canada. It's Alder, with real nice grain and clean routing. The plan is a Gibson cherry color scheme, with the amber neck and a black pickguard, something like this Googled image. The pickups will be from a Squier Classic Vibe Tele, with 250k pots, Orange Drop capacitor, Fender 3-way switch, and Switchcraft jack. I'm using Wilkinson compensated brass saddles in the bridge, and may slap an ashtray on it. I did some finish sanding, applied a couple of sealer coats, and got the transparent cherry color on today. Many clear coats to follow.