The "Rock"

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by HuevosRanchero, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Way better then when you had them black!

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

they wuz black cause they had no finish left......looked like they were sandblasted but 30 plus years into the wind will do that I imagine.

ForistellFord and andrewok1 like this.
  3. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Rock -LOOKS NICE -NOS $$$$$

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

I have a pretty fun story about headlight doors. About 20 years ago i was at a local swap meet that is well known for GM parts (chevy) more than ford. but it was a day out with the guys so I figured why not. After walking around for about 20 minutes i came across a guy that had a mixed box of NOS parts in a box. Just for fun I started digging through the box and found brand new still the boxes a right and left side headlight doors for my 74 ranchero. I was almost afraid to ask because I figured I didn't have enough cash. The guy had no idea what they fit. I told him and he replied to me get them out of here for $10 each! So for 20 years the 74 has been sporting my $20 find and the deal of the century! I also found an NOS 74 grill with the tags still on it at the Columbus OH swap 2 years ago for $35! Sometime there are great deals to be found.

ForistellFord and HuevosRanchero like this.
  5. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

funny as you say....I bought the drivers headlight door on ebay and by accident the seller sent me the passenger headlight door....to avoid the sending back that would ensue...he sold me the correct one for $20....I was happy to make that deal!

andrewok1 and ForistellFord like this.