Topless Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by 71 Whitesale, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 71 Whitesale

71 Whitesale In Fourth Gear

Well, on Black Friday I bought a new Ranchero project that came with a parts car. I have no extra space so I have used every available hour stirpping this thing down. I have everything usable stripped off and everything else that will come off too. Now its time to cut it up to take it to the salvage yard.

The good thing, it has all the things I needed to complete my original Ranchero project, although the top and floors were rusted through, the bed was in savable condition so I am cutting it out and saving it. My wife was looking it over and said I should just hang on to the original project and build it after I get the new one done. Did she REALLY say that? I'm pretty sure she did, so since it was her idea I have a project for now and a project for later!!

Its also an excellent time to haul off a whole bunch of leftover bashed in fenders and doors and tailgates from past projects when its all cut up!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I crushed one of my parts cars with an dozer, and put the other in a dumpster. neither were as rusty as yours.

3. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

There are pictures somewhere on the site of you driving the dozer over the car...

4. TestDummy

5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Here it is on Supermotors, too.

[​IMG]

6. TestDummy

I couldn't get that one to play. Where else is this video, I wonder? ABCNEWS? Google? How exciting.

7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Played just fine for me.
    I bet if you Google 'Sean crushes ranchero' you won't have to dig thru more than 40 pages to find it.:D

8. 20footer

20footer In Third Gear

i hope you striped the "eltoro"emblems off, i could use them if selling. oh and if you had HD springs under that chero , you might have been able to haul that cat, ha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  9. TestDummy

I was surprised how strong the a-pillar was on that thing. The rest of the car crushed like an empty Coors can on CJ's forehead.

10. 71 Whitesale

Those Toro emblems are available new from Dearborn, AutoKrafters & a couple other suppliers for about $39.95

11. 71 Whitesale

That was a cool video!

12. TestDummy

I was giggling like a school girl when we were doing that. Bill and I would get wasted drinking beer, then hop on a dozer and drive through the woods,..literally, through the woods, trees be damned.

13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Speaking of CJ, I'm surprised he hasn't posted here yet. Any thread with "Topless" in the name is instant reading for him. And now of course you've referenced two of his favorite things (Coors and himself) so he'll surely show up.

14. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

[​IMG]

My Rusty 66 ain`t nearly that bad!!!

15. TestDummy

It's got a roof, and doors, and glass, so yeah, it ain't that bad.

16. 71 Whitesale

I didn't really want the parts car but they came as a set...

but it has netted me a 9" rearend, a steering column with automatic shifter, brake pedal for an automatic, disc brake & power steering parts, some A/C parts, all of what I need for my original project which as a 250 and a 3 on the tree. Also 2 doors with windows, 2 fenders, a 70 GT hood, a full set of bed trim in pretty good condition, and some half decent metal in the front of the bed for patching the old one, along with a spare front bumper and rear bumper core.

When I haul it to the boneyard I am also getting rid of 5 unusable fenders, a door, 2 unusable tailgates and a bumper or 3 that are leftovers from old projects that I just never got rid of, hopefully worth a couple hundred dollars for scrap!

17. 71 Whitesale

In Texas we say... "Hey y'all, watch this!!! Hold my beer..."

18. 71 Whitesale

My son was off work today so he hauled my parts car to the scrap yard, I had to work. Wish I could have seen this though...this is what a topless 71 Ranchero ( Whitesale Special :mad:) + 2 rusted out tailgates, a passenger door, 2 front right fenders, 1 left front fender, 1 right 67 El Camino fender, a pair of 65 Mustang fenders, the old exhaust system and various other rusted steel parts looks like....

[​IMG]

19. jalex1941

jalex1941 In Third Gear

Kinda feel bad for it, but atleast you put er out of its misery.

20. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

That is why we use the ones we CAN"T save to SAVE the ones we can! Words of wisdom from Dan the ranchero man :D :D