Tramp's Interior, Before and After!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MaryT, Jun 9, 2007.

1. MaryT

MaryT Guest

We all remember....yuck!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's what his interior looks like now! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look good? I have a new seat too, but my internet is so slow that there's no way I can upload the pics til tomorrow. AND, gotta fix the seat! Door panel planning is on the agenda for tomorrow (Sunday).

2. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Looking good Mary, Tramp is coming along nicely :D

3. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

It looks good so far!

4. 75 Squire

75 Squire In Maximum Overdrive

Cant wait to see it all put together.

5. lookin'good-is that a new dash pad or just a dash cap b/c i need one

6. MaryT

MaryT Guest

New dash AND dash cap. The old one cracked in half so that was hopeless. The new pieces, along with the dash gauges were a gift [​IMG]

7. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Here's the new seat and the steering wheel that I already installed. The seat has a major split and a bunch of minor splits so I'm going to slowly work at repairing them but put a black plush seatcover on in the meantime.
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of the major split
    [​IMG]

8. Petey

Petey Guest

Keep doin' your magic girl ! Lookin' great !
    Hillbilly

9. i see an Oakland Raider theme.. :D :D its amazing how a little work can reverse decades of neglect...

10. MaryT

MaryT Guest

No Raiders [​IMG] When I get the pic of the door panels, you'll see the theme and why the colors are black and white. The exterior paint scheme kindof inspired the interior [​IMG] Well, you'll see :D

11. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Driver's door panel complete [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still working on the passenger door panel [​IMG]

He's a little "wild" isn't he?

12. (slaps self in forehead) ohhhh sorry... thought it was silver and black...white huh?? very nice....i love black and white.. hmmm with those door panels its starting to look like a looooooooooooooooooooooooove wagon.. ;)

13. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Yeah, and they're fuzzy too! Not super fuzzy, just mildly cushy [​IMG]

It's different [​IMG] Maybe a little "pimpy", but different!

14. different is good...i respect concourse but it isnt for everybody... especially some of our much abused and hammered rides....bring-em back from the brink... and do it how ya feel...but if ya go for the 30 inch rims ..we might have to furrow our collective brows at u Mary JK (snickers)...sorry..im feeling silly.... horrible phone day tday.. :D

15. Bob Hardie

Bob Hardie In Fourth Gear

Definitely looks much more better than before. I had the same color of puke green carpet in my '73 Squire too. Only thing worse than that was the whole interior was puke green and the paint was (you guessed) puke green. Some people have no taste at all except in their mouth!

16. MaryT

MaryT Guest

No, not to worry on the bling bling tires [​IMG] This is as pimpy as he's getting [​IMG] Actually, I haven't decided if his dashcover will be tiger also. Think that might be a little too pimpy?

I have a bunch of the black and white left for the headliner and extras, so I can pretty much do anything that comes to my head [​IMG]

Eldest son suggested that change the bottom part of the frame to white to accent the black pieces, and so it makes a negative of the black part on the bottom. Whatcha think?

17. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

outstanding work Mary I unleashed a monster... :D she is on a roll now...LOL

18. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Sarah and HR: Ya know what I thought would be fun?? Getting a little rice burner car and pimping it all out! The interior that is [​IMG] But I can't seem to find one that I can afford to buy to make bling! Some teenager would probably love it if it was purple fuzzy or something outrageous, maybe black accents :D Oh, and HR...Feel better [​IMG]

Bob: Dontcha just HATE that green color?? What were they thinking?!? Hard to believe people might have found that attractive in the day. Yuck. Didn't they have furniture in those kind of colors? I remember growing up with a bright red couch...

19. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Come to think of it, I have seen a Mach I in that yucky avocado green! It didn't look bad, but maybe it was just the car. Might make anything look ok. I think he sold it, haven't seen it in awhile. And I remember avocado appliances. Ewww...I can't imagine what color of flooring that would match! Maybe that yellow stuff?

My aunt and uncle had that "bathroom blue" color. Come to think of it, so did my grandma. Funny, both their houses smelled exactly the same and they lived in completely opposite places.

20. thanx Mary... hmm today is already starting off with a phone bang!! ugh!! ahhh puke green..the color of my current bench seat ...pulled out of a puke green 74 'chero... ..im dying to get it recovered...... hmmm Mary...i can see it now... a new show for MTV "Mary Pimps My Ride" woo woo!!! :D :D