Tramp's Story Begins :)

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MaryT, Mar 18, 2007.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

When I opened this post I thought for sure it would be FF's life story. Tramp is a pretty good name for a Ranchero. Beats calling it by just its color or something.
    And no, I'm not a Mason. My Dad is a bricklayer though.

2. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome new member Sean! :D

3. HarryRanchero

HarryRanchero In Third Gear

Welcome! And by the "avatar", I am in hopes you are a "Chris Farley" fan?

"We're going to be buddies, pal's, amigo's, just you and me. I see you here, you see me here... (crash!) Woops a daisy"!
    You must know that line (albeit paraphrased) if you are a Chris Farley fan?

Again, welcome!

4. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Harry that is "Sean" Sean, he just has not been posting that much since moving to Va.

5. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Yep, that must be good ol' Sean [​IMG] Welcome back!

Made progress on the small wiring harness. The one that goes to the coil, distributor, and everywhere else. Didn't start on the big one yet.

Asked the couple across the street about seats. She doesn't do them because she's not sure how! Same problem I have! So now I'm back to square 1 on those...sigh...

Progress so far?

New engine, but haven't heard it run yet.
    Found better arm rests and backings for them.
    ALMOST done with small wiring harness.
    Gonna order carpet soon, but can't sit because I hate the seats....

Dash is cracked in half because of the hood in the bed. Haven't tackled this one yet.

Ugh [​IMG] It's a good thing this is a labor of love!

6. nsr

nsr Guest

Mary- You are a master of the sewing machine (by the way your door panels look!) so could you take the seat cover apart and trace a pattern? You seem to be a wiz with sewing, I'll bet you could do it.

7. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Not so sure about taking the originals off to trace the pieces. If I don't get it right then I have NO seat instead of hated seat! Not feeling very confident in that ability. Maybe I'll just get seat covers for awhile and try to find another seat :D

8. Bill Krueger

Bill Krueger In Fourth Gear

Mary,

One thing I have learned over the years is you can throw away a lot of material for the price of one hour labor! Go for it! The hardest part is sewing a straight line. If I can do it I feel you can too.

9. nsr

nsr Guest

Mary- see if you can find a seat at a yard you can strip. Ask the guys if you could strip the seat cover off one in bad shape. Then use that for your pattern.

10. MaryT

MaryT Guest

I think the junkyard charges $40, regardless of the shape of the seats, so I might try to refind the decent one I found. Didn't match the one's I have now, but it was a relatively nice seat. That would give me time to order/install the carpet, change my mind 3 times on how I want the seats to look, and at least 2 major screwups!

Thanks guys! :D

11. I should pay closer attention to your posts, thread-jacker.

12. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Since Tramp's colors will be silver and black, I had to change the inside colors from their copper/brown. I used the DupliColor vinyl paint (need another coat, ran out), but this is how they look so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little vent by the steering wheel was so horrible looking that it got a few coats of Aluminum Paint from Rustoleum [​IMG]

13. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Nah, it looks kinda cool in aluminum [​IMG] But thanks for the offer [​IMG]