Tried on some rims, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by 71 Whitesale, Feb 3, 2012.

1. 66 Mopar

66 Mopar In Fourth Gear

We have a few of those Donk mobiles around here too., only with wider tires. They have to choose where they turn carefully or risk tearing off a fender

2. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

Oh no, rides like crap with those tires and will bend a rim in the first 100 miles I bet. Amazing what people will put up with the get a certain look.

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Wearing the hat back wards identifies them as a 'catcher' rather than a 'pitcher'. I think it comes from forgetting to turn the hat back around after getting up off their knees.

4. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

wheels

my 2008 lincoln mkz has 18s and they suck!!!! it doesint even have to be a pothole just a seam and u feel it it aint nothin like crusin in a say 70s lincoln or mercury low profile tires arent worth it imo

5. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, Baby Blue 72, they are black in the center so it does them a bit less standing out, very low profile.
    But I also like the once that was on the car when I got it 15", I like old school to, just important that the car looks good what ever wheels are on it. take a look at my supermotors site:cool:

The roads around this country are very bad, I mean really bad, so problems all the time, but never mind I like the look he he

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  6. scbarger

scbarger Banner Maker

How about this combo?

[​IMG]

7. ribald1

Looks like a modern version of what Jed Clampett drove into Beverly Hills.

8. steeread

steeread Guest

Looks like an expensive bent rim just waiting to happen. Only works on super smooth pavement.

9. 71 Whitesale

71 Whitesale In Fourth Gear

Im 54 (till July) & I like the look & ride of bigger rims. I have 18 X 9s on my 97 Mustang GT convertible & 18s on my 02 SVT Lightning. My 08 Tundra has factory 20s. We just put 17 X 8 Torque Thrusts on my son's 67 El Camino, it kept the classic look but the tires are much better than the old 14s.

I do NOT like anything bigger than18s on a classic, it ruins the look completely to me, my favorites are 17s, but I don't think I could go back to 14s or 15s

10. ribald1

Kids!
    When you get to be 56, like me, you will realize that fad and fashion are fleeting, but style and class endures.
    Being close to middle age you should be able to remember the wagon wheel fad of the 70's, and how fast it went away. The current fad is all but over except for the stragglers.
    Hopefully you did not buy into the spinner wheels during the 3 weeks they were in fashion;)

11. 71 Whitesale

Oh hell no, no spinners for me!!!

12. steeread

steeread Guest

My perspective has nothing but everything to do with the dub-dubs and banana peels, rubber bands, or whatever you want to call them.

I have had to replace two, 17-inch wheels on my daughter's 2006 Milan, because the profile of the tire can't handle a pothole, or a pavement break at a bridge joint.

13. ribald1

My daughter has the same issue.
    I tried convincing her to sell the rims before they become worthless in the near future. Maybe I need to do a paternity test.

14. steeread

steeread Guest

So I think we have agreed on this...If you plan to spend all your days on pavement with absolutely no imperfections, then you can run whatever skinny tire you want.

If your car is a daily driver, then might want to consider higher profile tires.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  15. 71 Whitesale

My son bought a 67 El Camino, he found these American Racing Torqe Thrusts in 17 X 8, they look awesome, I am pretty sure I am going to go with these after paint goes on, haven't decided on the grey centers or black though...

[​IMG]

16. 66 Mopar

66 Mopar In Fourth Gear

My friend put those on a blue 65 camino. They looked great on it. From what I see in the picture. They will look as good on your sons truck.

17. 71 Whitesale

Oh they do!
    [​IMG]

18. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Have to admit, that's one good looking el camino.