Tues., sandblasting: Wed., Metal Grinding!!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MaryT, Oct 26, 2006.

1. MaryT

MaryT Guest

I had the holes from the old moulding filled and welded steel plugs in there, so today I had to grind them down to make them flush. Now, I have a whole bunch of shiny spots!

[​IMG]

Well, I did, because now they all have red lead on top of them. Kinda looks like rectangle shaped measles :D

2. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Oops, forgot...Tuesday sandblasting was for an old set of valve covers that needed to be redone and painted [​IMG]

3. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

You are sure coming along girlfriend. Isn't it fun, looks like your covering all the bases. :D :D It's going to be a sweet ride before you know it. :D

4. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Thanks for the encouragement, Sarah, I appreciate it more than you know [​IMG]

Might have a color change on the horizon for my Lady. Not sure on the plan yet exactly, but I'm ready either way! How do you think she'd look in orange?? [​IMG]

5. sarah

oooo asking the wrong person.... I am not a fan of orange.... now if you go with a shade like candy tangerine....baby that would be hot...but you would need to break it up that is alot of vehicle for one color. I would suggest maybe go with stripes down the side in a Pearl white, and make the Pearl a yellow glow...ooooo that would be sweet. Then when the light hits it a certain angle you have this light yellow stripe with the tangerine. :D I love picking paint colors... :D :D

[ October 26, 2006, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: sarah ]

6. MaryT

MaryT Guest

I think it was a candy/metallic tangerine it's that one on Ebay, the Tangerine Twist. Boring orange would be too generic ;)

I know that's ALOT of orange, and I like your idea of the pearl white/yellow stripes. They really can't be pinstripes because it wouldn't break it up enough. Maybe that big thick line that goes from the top to the tailgate wouldn't look too bad, but I think it takes away from the gorgeous lines that the Rancheros have on the sides.

Can you think of a way to accent those lines and still break up the tangerine?

I have a set a stencils that I was going to use to accent, not overpower, the paint. When she was going to be cream color at least. Now I'm just not sure. Of course, she still could end up cream color. I'm still left in the air on that!

7. sarah

paint it like the GT's or like RED....the GT would be better though. have you seen the stripe kit for the GT... use that as an example.

8. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Here is a picture of an orange GT. Everything is original.
    [​IMG]

9. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Pretty car [​IMG] I like the stripe that way. I'll have to picture how it will look on Lady when I go outside later today [​IMG]

Thanks for the pic, trikar!

10. 73ranchero

73ranchero In Third Gear

I think it would look pretty sweet grabber orange with the GT stripes. Tweety will be 05 Mustange screamin yellow with grabber orange GT stripes.

11. MaryT

MaryT Guest

I'm thinking that if she ends up cream color like originally planned, that tangerine metallic would make a great GT accent stripe. It would make her "just hot enough" [​IMG]

Whatcha think?

12. sarah

That would look great. :D