Two guys who left for Alaska and ended up at the Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by T16592, Oct 24, 2012.

1. T16592

T16592 In Fourth Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

Here are 2011 links for pictures and video to the HotRod Ranchero that was featured in serveral articles. And some stories from the articles too.

[​IMG]

"Remember the one about the two guys who left for Alaska and ended up at the Grand Canyon by way of Utah and Colorado?
    Those two guys were David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of Hot Rod Magazine and that whole adventure was filmed for an episode of Roadkill,
    the web tv show that both guys headline.
    This trip began as a race against time to take a Ford Ranchero that the pair had thrashed on and built in about two weeks up to Alaska to go ice racing.

http://bangshift.com/blog/lunatics-...rip-to-alaska-ice-race-hopefully-not-die.html

"Our old pal Freiburger is probably the king of scheming and executing fun but masochistic road trips, but this time he may have outdone himself.
    He, Finnegan, and the rest of the henchmen at Hot Rod are currently thrashing on a Ford Ranchero to recreate the Ranchero Hot Rod raced in Baja back in 1967.
    The twist is that instead of Baja, Freiburger and Finnegan will be driving to Alaska and (hopefully) ice racing the thing on some frozen water.
    We hear that there’s lots of that in Alaska at this time of the year. "

http://bangshift.com/blog/watch-fre...venture-around-the-western-united-states.html

2. bscottie

bscottie In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

read that before, need more freeze plugs. LOL

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

We should make this a sticky. It's been posted like 53168168 times.

4. Lonney

Lonney In First Gear

5. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Honestly, my favorite Ranchero of all time. The original one of course.

6. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

yeah,
    i wish i had thousands of dollars to throw at a car and beat it to hell.

7. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

I think the same thing almost every time I watch the American Top Gear.

Was a cool article/video. Wish they had made it up to Alaska. My brother did a drive up there when he was first stationed up there. SoCal to Anchorage in something like 20 hours by himself. Want to do a drive like that at some point for the hell of it. Probably once he retires from the AF and his kids are all in college.

8. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

9. Lonney

Lonney In First Gear