UK Ranchero's new toy !

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by desertdale, Jul 24, 2009.

1. desertdale

desertdale In Overdrive

Finally got my new toy on the road, now UK registered, (age related 1970 plate) it feels great to drive some classic American iron again, especially with a loud V8.
    Big thanks to Ron, (Blue Ovals) for supplying the car. It gets a great reaction from the folks over here, at least most people can recognise it, unlike the Ranchero !!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There have been a few problems before arriving at this point, the shippers have either reversed polarity or used 24 volts when they tried to jump start the car off the RORO ship, this caused a need for a new battery, alternator and voltage regulator, not a great starting point to it's life in the UK. It also proceeded to dump the entire contents of the power sterering fluid reservoir all over my street, (but this was after a very enthusiastic Motorway test drive!). It was only a split rubber hose, so no big deal to fix.
    The car even drew the attention of the police who pulled me over, there was a slight problem in that the registration was so new it wasn't even appearing on the police computer!. He admitted he also wanted a much closer look anyway as he liked the car so much!
    Hope all the folks I used to talk to regularly are all in good health and spirits.
    Regards.
    Tony.

2. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

good to hear from you Tony! havent heard from BO in a while

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Did some drunk park that thing up on the curb?
    Nice to hear from you, bro. Don't forget to wish Sarah a happy 50th birthday.

4. desertdale

desertdale In Overdrive

Already done it Sean! Hope you and Huevos are both well, got to park it on the curb, these new housing estates have very narrow roads, and as for the size of the driveways, let the pics do the talking !

5. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

BEAUTIFUL RIDE TONY.... welcome home with new Blue... just cause it don't have a bed doesn't mean you can't hang out here. :D

6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Toe Knee!!! Great to hear from you again my man! How's tricks?

7. Smile_n_jax

Smile_n_jax In Fourth Gear

Hey Tony,

Nice to see ya back and so glad to hear yer happy with the Stang.

Bill, Rick, Dave, Ron and I from Capitol Rancheros worked all one Saturday to get that puppy running. You should have heard it with open exhausts. Deafening but SWEET. Yea, the shipper must have messed it up. It was cranking, without a jumper, and running on its own when we worked on it.

Enjoy your new toy, my friend.

Jax

8. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Very sweet looking ride you have there. Nice to hear from you again. Take care Dan