Update on Buster - My 1967 Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by eqshadimar, Jul 5, 2005.

1. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Ok as some of you may remember I have a 1967 Ranchero that I am in the process of "updating". The shop I work for finally had some free floor space so I have started working on the engine transplant and rebuilding the front end. Here are some pictures:

Up on Blocks

[​IMG]

New Front End Parts

[​IMG]

Old Parts

[​IMG]

Original 289

[​IMG]

Engine Bay

[​IMG]

Lonestar Performance Shop Area

[​IMG]

Lonestar Performance Store

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to my orginal thread with pictures:

Original Picture Thread

And here is a link to my Photo Gallery where you can look at some of the other picters and full sized images.

Mad Tom Studios Photo Album

Hope you enjoy looking at these!

Laters,
    Jeff

[ May 20, 2007, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: eqshadimar ]

Cindy likes this.
  2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

nice.... :D :D

3. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I like pics. I like that ranchero. I like that shop. I like that bike. LOOX like you gotta nice place to do the wrenchin and doin it right too! YOU GO BOY!!!! :D

4. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Thanks for the comments! Yeah it is a great shop and as you see we do a bit of everything from custom bikes to hot rodding Chevy's (but only when we have too [​IMG] ). No imports or paint and body but just about everything else. The owner of the shop starting out doing concours quality restorations of early model Mustangs. He rattled of the part numbers of the stuff I needed without even looking at them..needless to say a great resource to have around!

The 347 is at the machine shop. I will post some pictures when it is ready.

Laters,
    Jeff

[ July 06, 2005, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: eqshadimar ]

5. As Is '66

Great; I love it when a plan comes together, I`m doin the disc conversion on my 66 and ain`t found parts yet but just started lookin,you may be able to sell what I need????

6. D.B. Roberts

D.B. Roberts In Overdrive

Looks like Jeff's been busy... :D :D :D

7. As Is '66

YUP, and it shows.I see he uses timing to his advantage too, he could be doin it outside.But instead waited for a bay INSIDE[lucky fellow]

8. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

First I don't want to give the wrong impression here. I work there as the "computer guy" not as a sales person or mechanic. I am doing the most of the work on my Ranchero but there is always plenty of help when I have no idea what I am doing (which is most of the time [​IMG] )

Anyway we mainly sell high performance parts and not restoration or general autoparts. I got all of my stuff from Dallas Mustang Parts which is just down the road from us. It makes it so easy to do this stuff with all these resources that deal with the older Fords around [​IMG]

Laters,
    Jeff

9. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Hehe yup I have been busy! This time of year it is actually hotter inside the shop than outside but at least there are HUGH fans and the sun is not beating down on us.

I have to say that I am very lucky to have all these resources at my disposal. You guys who do or have done all your work in your own backyard or garage have my full respect. It would be so much harder without all the air tools, lifts, extra hands etc.

Laters,
    Jeff

10. As Is '66

11. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Well, fortunately my hubby is the mechanic...and before he became ill we acquired alot...ALOT... of tools, air and otherwise...it does make things alot easier.