Updated Pics of my '62!!!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by 62Ranchero, Jan 6, 2007.

1. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Here are some pictures that I took today before I started putzing around...I got the trim on the bed, but I'm still missing the tailgate piece. But I got my starter in and all, but I need to run my exhaust, and I have YET to find a radiator...But here are [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

You're making some good progress.

3. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Thanks Trikar!

4. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

its really coming together....nice

5. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Thanks sarah!

6. body looks very clean in these pictures... oughta really go when its done...

7. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

I'm hoping. I just don't want TOO manythings twisting from the power... Or eat the gears up like the old pumpkin had, I keep forgetting to take pictures, the gears welded themselves new gears. Ohhh it's terrible. I don't know what I'll do if that tranny is bad, I will refuse to take that thing back out. But if I have to in order to keep her around, I'll probably do so.

8. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Oh, and thanks HuevosRanchero!

9. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

I think you will have the time to do every single thing you want to, to get it just right. And you will be happy and proud of the result. Looking good so far!!!

10. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Thank you BlueOvals!
    I can't wait to hear this motor fire up! I'll have to record it and put it up. I can't wait...but I need a radiator, but I don't have the money...

11. BlueOvals

If I lived closer, you could "borrow" the one off my 64, if it would fit. I won't need it for a few months, until I can do the engine swap; 289 for the 200 six.

12. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Oh, thanks, haha, but I live in Arizona! Thanks for the offer though! :D

Can you tell me if $179.99 is a good price for an Aluminum radiator? There's one on Summit...and I don't know, I need money, but I want something to cool my motor.

Wait, why are you going froma 289, to a 200?

13. BlueOvals

I'm not an expert on radiator prices but an aluminum one would probably be a good move, even if you wait to do it later; it would last forever. Might be a good idea to get a regular good cheap one first, while you work out the build. Other folks on here could chime in on the pros and cons of aluminum vs. steel.

I meant I would take the six out and put the 289 I just bought in. It has a 2 barrel on now but will upgrade it to a 4 barrel.

14. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Okay, well thanks!

Hey! I've got the stock four barerel intake on my 289 that I took out of my car, and is sitting in my garage! Does that interest you at all?

15. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I got my Radiater from Autozone fer $170...
    Good lookin job you is doin..You GO Boy!!!

16. Lookin' good, '62!! I love those valve covers. Keep up the good work! :D :D
    Jim [​IMG]

17. BlueOvals

62 Chero, I have a line on some of that engine stuff locally, but thanks for the offer.

18. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Lookin Good 62. COVER that water inlet if its not already. You dont want a critter or some bugs to make it a home.

19. 62Ranchero

62Ranchero Guest

Thank you all.
    Thanks CJ! I Glass Beaded and painted those valve covers myself! :D
    Thanks, whenever I leave the engine like that, it's always covered up, so I don't THINK I'll have problems! But hopefully soon I'll have it running!

Does anybody ever cruise into Arizona?