Uploading photos issue

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by beerbelly, Nov 21, 2017.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Anyone besides me unable to upload photos recently? I recently downloaded the latest Mac OS, so that may have something to do with it.

2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I tried a couple of the web hosted sites but they won't work on my tablet which is what I use about 90% of the time. I just resize and do it directly from my photo library.

3. beerbelly

It's not a resizing issue; I upload photos here often. When I click the "Upload a File" button, nothing happens.

4. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

doggy toolbox.jpg
    Works for me.
    Just install Windows on the machine.

5. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Clear your history, browsing dada, cookies, etc. Then restart your computer.

6. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I take pictures at setting 1600 x 1200 and pictures load with no problem ,so check you picture size /andy

7. beerbelly

I upload photos here often, but recently the only thing that changed is installing Mac High Sierra 10.13.1 OS. I was able to upload 1 photo yesterday, but no more than that. I'm doing a test here now:

I just hit the "Upload a File" button and nothing....

8. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Did you try what I suggested? Plus, they didn't refine safari with the latest update, so you may wanna try another browser like chrome or Firefox if you aren't already

9. beerbelly

FordR500GT, I tried all your earlier recommendations with no luck; I'm sure it's a Mac Safari issue. I've just installed Chrome; here's another try of some spark plug photos I was trying to upload- Hey! It works!

IMG_8165.JPG IMG_8169.JPG

10. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Glad to see that it does. I was having the same issue on my MacBook Pro. I installed High Sierra a couple weeks ago and safari gave up on me

11. beerbelly

Yep, apparently I was having the same issue. Thanks for the help.

12. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Glad I could help.

13. Basstrix

Basstrix In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

That plug looks a bit lean to me, look forward to what others say. I think the heat range reading can be altered if too lean.

14. ribald1

Once again, the best solution is to put that computer out of it's misery by installing Windows on it. A Mac is just a low power PC with a substandard graphics card, but it is can still handle a serious operating system just fine.

And, yeah, that plug is lean.

Basstrix likes this.
  15. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

The best solution is really to put yourself out of misery and not buy anything by apple. I wish I had the option, but my dad wanted my HP so I got stuck with his MB

Basstrix likes this.
  16. beerbelly

I've been working with Macs since the mid-90's and rarely have issues; I actually like them, and not gonna change. But rolling out beta programs disguised as operational systems does get old...

17. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Apple is on a quality downfall, especially with their computers. Had to have a 2000 dollar computer replaced twice because it overheated or wouldn't charge

18. ribald1

You do realize, don't you, that there is no such thing and an 'Apple Computer' anymore?
    It is a PC in an apple case. Motherboards are the same. Only the price is higher and they usually lag a generation or two back with processors and chipsets.
    The software, and the fancy plastic are currently the only differences between a PC and a Mac, has been that way for quite a while now.

19. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Overdrive

Apple does put SOME of their own hardware in their computees to be able to run CrapOS

20. ribald1

None that I am aware of. There are no Mac specific motherboards made anymore.
    A lot of people save money by buying a PC and installing Mac software on it if they need it for specific applications. Also, setting up dual boot on a Mac allows you to run a modern operating system on one, then switch for that rare application that you want to run on the Apple OS. It is also helpful when the Apple OS 'bricks' as you can still boot up in Windows, then run the Apple software in a virtual machine and troubleshoot it.