Victoria's New 76!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MaryT, Jun 10, 2007.

1. MaryT

MaryT Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like you have a great Ranchero there, Vicky! Keep us posted as you make it perfect [​IMG]

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

I like the green you have on your ride. that color looks good. I noticed that you are missing two of the letters on your tailgate. I have those here if you need them. great looking ride! take care Dan the ranchero man.

3. victoria

victoria Guest

4. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

Nice ranchero, but what about that ambassidor in front of it?? :D land shark!!!

5. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Victoria, from the picture your grill looks pretty good, what is wrong with it that you think you need a replacement? Also, Great color!

6. victoria

victoria Guest

The middle vertical piece is missing and it's a little bent there, too. Maybe it can be repaired, you think? I saw your pictures and they're beautiful. Thanks.

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Sharp Truck!!! Welcome to th asylum...

8. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Vicky, let me dig them up and I will send them to you for the cost of the shipping!

9. trikar

Victoria, that vertical piece can be replaced without having to replace the grill, can you take a picture of the other damage?

10. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Nice '76!

11. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Very nice, good color. It looks real clean.

12. victoria

victoria Guest

Trikar,
    I can take a picture, but it's easier to e-mail direct. I don't know how to post the pictures on my own yet -- Mary T. posted those. The other damage besides the missing vertical center piece is just that it's a little bent out of shape at the bottom. How would you reattach a new middle piece? I'm not terribly skilled at this. Maybe you can tell...
    Thanks for any and all help!

13. trikar

It sounds like you have the same damage that my brother's 74 Ranchero GT had after a worker of mine crashed my 68 Mustang convertible and than tried to push the Mustang from the rear with my brothers Ranchero, this only caused more damage to the Mustang and also damaged my brother's grill, all while I was in the Hospital. If it is just the center metal strip that you need to replace, it's not very technical but you may need to remove the grill to do it. Each of those metal strips are held on to the plastic grill by small prongs that go through the plastic part of the grill and are held in place by small metal clips that you will need to use a needle nose pliers to attach or remove. If you are just going to be installing a new strip, you might be able to do it with the grill left in place but those clips go on in such a way that it might be easier to just remove the entire grill to do it. I removed my brother's grill to do it because I also had to do some other repairs to it. Oh, that guy no longer works for me, he thought my insurance should have paid for the damaged he caused.

14. victoria

victoria Guest

Thanks. Should I search a junkyard for the center metal strip? Should I ask here if anyone has one to sell?

15. lots of sources...either here...junkyards or ebay... those strips appear from time to time..either nice driver or even NOS... and welcome to another '76 :D