Video Games

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rancherous, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Got my son a PS3 for Christmas. I never was into Video Games before but this PS3 is awesome. The graphics are in HD and Dolby sound. I find myself getting lost when I turn that thing on. Anybody else play these things? The Blu Ray player is cool too watching DVDs in HD etc. That Christmas Club at the Credit Union is a great thing to have as they send out your check for what you deposited right before Christmas. Takes a lot of strain off of the Wallet around the Holidays.

2. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Currently we have a ps2 and gamecube, I don't get into them very often but sometimes it is hard to put down when I start, Be sure to check out Ford Racing 3, you can win a 72 ranchero gt to race in early in the game, what a blast!!!

3. Marauder359

Marauder359 Guest

I prefer the xbox consoles for the Halo series of first person shooters.

4. Rancherous

What I heard is X Box 360 is better than PS3 for Online gaming but PS3 blows it away Graphics wise. My son does not go online. So we opted for the PS3. My friend has a 360 and he even said the PS3 graphics are better. Sony is improving online as well. The PS3 is Free actually if you were going to buy a Blu Ray player as they cost more alone than the PS3 and you get the Blu Ray player included. I am happy with it so far. Also I heard about X Box overheating and getting the Red Circle of death. My friend had to send his back to have it repaired after a week of playing. I have been keeping my unit out in the open so it does not overheat.

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

We got the kids a Wii for Christmas. The graphics aren't top shelf but it is a blast to play.

6. ray55classic

ray55classic In Third Gear

the playstation units graphics are outstanding. the only problem i've ever had is putting it down. the hours can fly by playing it!!........ray :cool::cool::cool:

7. Rancherous

Ray do you have a PS 2 or 3?? I know I never thought I would see myself on one of these games but you are right they are Addicting:D If you have a PS3 maybe we could swap some games instead of buying them new when we finish them.

8. pdw72

If you didn't know Billy, many of the ps2 games work on the ps3. That is another nice feature of the sony systems.

9. ray55classic

i've got the 2 and 3, i just got the 3 the middle of december.i haven't built up a stock of games for the 3 yet, but when i do yes the trade out sounds good to me. my favorite racing game is gran turismo, you'd have to go far to beat the realism,even customizing the cars has the same effects as real life, suspension, braking front/rear bias, you name it, it does it. i just wish they had a chero in the lineup! i like the flying simulation games and shooter games also. what do yall like? yes the 3 will play the playstation format games 1,2,and 3 but at the level they were designed for. using the 1 or 2 games in a 3 player doesn't improve their graphics in other words. now i've got to save up for a big hd tv to get the full effect, this stuff never ends does it?..........ray:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  10. Rancherous

Paul we bought the 80 Gig one so it plays all the PS games. I guess from what I read the 40 Gig will not play PS2s or not as many as the 80 Gig. I also have a MIllion PS2 games I would be willing to sell/trade if someone is looking for a specific PS2 game email or PM me and I probably have it.

11. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Bill, I'm always on the lookout for kids' PS2 games. Right now they're into Madagascar and Cars. Whatcha got?

12. Rancherous

Watch out for WIIitis. Hear about that yet LOL. I guess people are having wrist problems now from using the WII. Are they joking or what I am rolling my eyes at that one. Anything for the Doctors to make a buck. Here is a good read LOL. What a joke.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20070606/nintendo-game-sparks-acute-wiitis

13. Rancherous

John,
    I have Cars for PS2 and a million kids games. They may be a little scratched from my son using them but they all work fine. I will get a list of them and post it when I get some more time.

14. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yeah they have Cars and a few others. I'd love to know what you have that you'd like to move, so just let me know. Everybody else back the heck off, I'm calling dibs! You hear me? DIBS! Dibs I say!

15. Rancherous

NO problem I will try to list them tomorrow or later tonight. I will want to test them also so I dont send a game that does not work. You got 1st Dibs on them.

16. pdw72

I will admit my knowledge is limited on this, just by word of mouth, I have a few nephews that are gamers. Hopefully I can update eventually, my ps2 won't play many of the newer discs, not sure why except it was one of the original machines.

17. pdw72

I may be interested in a few games as well, but I surely can wait my turn:cool:

18. 78Squire400M

78Squire400M In Overdrive

ray55classic, and anyone else with a ps3 for that matter, do yourselves a favor, pick up Call of Duty 4:Modern Combat. Played a demo of it at Best Buy yesterday, that game is unreal!! Also played Burnout: Paradise City and Dirt, and was duly impressed also.

19. ray55classic

one thing i forgot to mention ,you can play the 1 and 2 games but your old memory cards won't work without an adaptor.there about $12 to $15, the memory cards plug in the adapter, the adapter plugs in to the 5 pin usb cable that came with your system, and it plugs into the usb slot on the front of your console. billy, do you by chance have "secret weapons over normandy"?...........ray

20. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

He callled DIBS!!!!!!!