Vin plate

Discussion in 'Ranchero Vin Decoder/Production Numbers' started by Reselute, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Reselute

Reselute In Second Gear

So was just looking through pictures of the Chero and found my vin plate picture. Got the vin decoded using my service manual decoders but still haven’t figured out what the stuff below the vin match to since some of them don’t show up in my service manuals. Mostly looking for what VR, R means. And what F0105 and T0065 stand for. Believes I got everything else decoded on it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

The VR =vinyl roof; VD Red Valino grain. R= radio; 2 AM w/o CB . Can't remember F0105 & T0065. Look into it see what turns up.

3. Reselute

Reselute In Second Gear

Huh never would have guessed this had a vinyl roof. Someone must of done body work over it and just painted over mix explain the weird chunks of paint missing on the roof. Will try to look into the last two number things. Thanks!

4. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

At least through the 1978 model year, data plates included "Accessory Reserve Loads", coded F#### and R####. They indicated the weight of options. For example, air conditioning would be included in the F (front) total, a rear sway bar would be included in the R (rear) total. Some options could affect both front and rear weights.

The weight of each option on the front and/or rear, can be found in the manuals.

At some point, Ford changed the designation to "Accessory Reserve Capacity", but I don't know how the numbers are computed. Maybe the "F" on your 1979 plate stands for front, don't know what the "T" stands for. If it means total, it seems that number would be higher than the front number.

5. Reselute

Reselute In Second Gear

Huh yeah would make sense about the front since she got a front sway bar and had ac and some other stuff people removed. Only thing I can think of for the rear is a rear sway bar but yeah don’t know why it’s T