VOTE - Is the site better or worse now it has been changed ???

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by azcolin, Sep 21, 2015.

1. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

What are your thoughts ??? l would like to see 'The lounge' back, l promise to be polite and respectful to other members as l always am :cool:
    Topics like this VW emission 'cheating' for example ???? any input from others ???

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

As far as 'The Lounge' is concerned, I can take it or leave it. The main reason for the site is to 'dig' Rancheros. If I wanted to read opinions, I'll hop on FB. God knows there's tons of that there.

HuevosRanchero and RancheroRandy like this.
  3. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

l haven't owned a chero in 10 years but the sense of 'family' has gone from this site,
    And yup, l still 'dig' cheros... And 'test dummies' crash test info was always cool as were so many other members posts, Oh, and the Happy thanksgiving/happy holidays posts...... way cool......
    l guess I am just talking to myself so after 13 years on this site l will make this post my last post,
    goodnight guys and thanks for all the help/advise/friendship over the years,
    Colin

4. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Dont be a stranger. The Lounge may be back, it needs a rest. If not best of luck to you!!!

Lincolnut likes this.
  5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

I think one of the goals of the 'new' site was to get Colin to leave, so, mission accomplished!!! Who's next?!? :cool:

TestDummy likes this.
  6. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

The technical core of the site is as strong as it ever was. I have not been here that long and value the knowledge that is here and the help I have been given. But if I have to judge the sites strength from the former stench of the lounge, I would leave too. I enjoyed the banter and posted too, but some of the crap that folks were doing to each other was pretty awful and I can form my own political opinions without ranting . I have chosen to not use an ignore button when I am on the web. I can't do that in public or in my personal life as it is part of what makes our day and character. So I get see it all (good and not-so-good). But I did have make the choice to stay out of the lounge here because it had become so awful.
    So if you want to go, do so. My truck will not fall apart because you are gone.

7. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I liked the Lounge, but Whacky just got people pissed off all the time. I want that, I'll go home.

8. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

Not better, not worse, just - - different.

Enjoyed the arguments right up to the point things got hostile. Don't miss that part at all.

9. ForistellFord

Agreed. It was a fun place with light banter for many years until one came along and changed it all. Nothing would have ever needed to be done if he never showed up, but then, it's life. It happened, hopefully he learned from it, and we can all be happier here again.

10. Rancherous

Please, it was not 1 member. Please do not insinuate it was. Thanks

11. TestDummy

It was two, including FF, I'm guessing. No proof, mind you.

12. ForistellFord

Then don't insinuate!!!!! Anyway, what I meant was, it really was just one member who forced all the crazy stuff that's happened. One user has sent warning PM's to new members. One user has admitted to stalking others off the forum. One user that tried to get others to team up against a few other members here, then exploded when the others refused to participate in his plan.

Yeah, sure, MO got a little werid, but that's pretty easily managed and he toned it down. I won't name that 1 user, because I don't want to insinuate anything, but anyone who's been here more than a year knows the story well.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  13. TestDummy

You are correct, and I stand corrected. But saying it was just one person is sort of dumb/obvious. Anyone that has spent any time here the past year or so knows that to be true, and who it was, so there's no need to keep harping on it.

14. ForistellFord

I know, you're so right, as always. 1 user couldn't have possibly done all that, right? No way, right?

15. Rancherous

And FF we know and hear it time and time and time again. Maybe things will change but keep bringing it up, over and over and over. So much for fresh starts and keep beating the dead horse. SMH

16. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

That's not a nice way to talk about your partner.

17. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Y'all should back off. That means all y'all.

18. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I`ve not noticed the lounge wasn`t accessible, as I check PMs, for sale, parts and roundup, Seldom much else...

I like that "alert" item that indicates activity on things and stuff...

Rusty is back on routine project back burner schedule, so not many questions right now...
    I have Been getting antsy to bring her back up to the barn to finish welding in them floors, along with new seat and harness mounts...

Grass cutting and gardening have slowed some, now that winter is near :D

19. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Please dont take the lounge away again

20. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

IF we behave and be nice, the lounge will be here:D