VOTE - Is the site better or worse now it has been changed ???

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by azcolin, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jwarden

jwarden In Third Gear

I am newby and admittedly not a very good mechanic, I really have appreciated the help and positive attitude that comes across from the different forums in respect to helping each other out. I did notice that the banter in Whacky and also the Lounge got a little out of hand. I think it is okay to disagree and have civil banter, and be able to agree to disagree. But I understand why the administrators felt the need to get everybody's attention. Religion, Politics, and sexual orientation are better left for FB. I think all of you guys (and gals) are decent folk who just want to enjoy talking about old cars and making life simpler (if possible) and more enjoyable, thats why we spend time and money trying to restore something that we can be proud of, or at least back out of our drive way and pick up a few groceries in. I know it's totally stupid, but it's NICE TO BE NICE TO THE NICE. If someone else is driving you nuts, hold your tongue, or better yet put them on ignore. Or sign off for the day.

Cindy, bigears and 210eddiep like this.
  2. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Our motto in AA is "Live and Let Live"...
    Another is "People tend to piss me off, and I can stay away from them..."
    "Pray for them sonofaguns"

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Nowadays people have little tolerance for those who are passionate about their beliefs, or just about anything, for that matter.
    They claim offense, or feeling 'threatened'.
    Used to be that if one didn't want to participate in a particular conversation, they just walked away and joined another.
    Today they tend to demand that the conversation they don't like not take place in the first place.
    That attitude is bullying, but these days, being a bully is fashionable.
    Most of the heavy stuff, especially involving myself, BB, and Max, was just dogs with a fence between them. Pointless with no harm, but entertaining to the participants and some others.

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

The site is better with the heavy stuff gone. Now if we could only get a 'few' offenders to follow the wacky world into the power supply...

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree. It was just middle school chest thumping. I don't understand why some people feel like they need to argue with others about what they do or don't believe in. It's an ego thing, I guess. That is to say, those with huge egos. Most of us are down to earth folk that just want to get through this life, whilst having a good time.

ForistellFord likes this.
  6. ForistellFord

The only thing huge about me is, well, certainly not my ego anyway. But yep, I agree with your agreement and enhancement of said agreement. Let's have the egomaniac(s) stay on the sideline, then we'll watch this place flourish again!

7. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

==============================
    "The site is better with the heavy stuff gone"
    ==============================

Yes/No

If you take your time to help someone HERE it sure is nice to know who you are dealing with.

Whacky and the Lounge (untamed) helped judge peoples character.

8. ForistellFord

This is a Ranchero forum, what do I care about character? Unless I am dealing with that person for part sales. This site isn't, and shouldn't be, a moral authority. It's just that one guy who thinks he is, is all.

Case in point- you're nuts, but I like you anyway!

9. RANCHEROROB

==================================
    Unless I am dealing with that person for part sales
    ===================================
    Exactly...
    Would you search for a part, box it up, drive to the post office, stand in line to help someone that thinks you are a moron, inbred redneck, unwashed hillbilly or worse ?

Would you cut loose with one of your prized spares to someone that helped cause your health insurance to double ?

10. TestDummy

I think what Rob is trying to say is, he won't work with people unless they share his religious and political beliefs. People like what is familiar, so we can all dig that.
    Even though I really don't know Shok, I am sending him a sweet set of dog dish hub caps, in trade for his generous donation of $50 to this site. I made the mistake of not asking him if he was black, Hispanic, vegetarian, Christian, etc., so I hope this deal doesn't come back and bite me in the ass.

11. RANCHEROROB

I think what Rob is trying to say is, he won't work with people unless they share his religious and political beliefs
    ==============================================================================
    Rob has no religious beliefs or cell phone.....:cool:

plumcolr and TestDummy like this.
  12. ForistellFord

Yes, and yes. I may not like Californians, but their money is green (for now).

You're fraternizing with unknown elements???!!!??? Ack!!!

13. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Most Californians do not care if you like them or not............ and Missourian money is green too but it usually comes with a case of the wines

14. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

"Whole Lotta Love" here too (not of the Led Zeppelin kind)...

15. TestDummy

Really? So, we really can't even mess around with people we consider to be our friends now? Carl, FF, Rob, were any of you guys offended or pissed in the least? Or am I missing a 'ignored' comment?
    Without this type of banter (which happens on every single forum), this place is as serious as a church during a funeral.

16. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

No, go for it - have a blast. Enjoy yourselves. Don't whine to Bill about anyone. Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put in it (with apologies to Tom Lehrer)...

17. ForistellFord

I was both pissed and offended, but then I realized it was because there's a cricket in my office that won't shut up or die. The site's not bothering me.

18. TestDummy

It rarely, if ever, has bothered me either neither.

19. ForistellFord

Yup. None never.

20. bigears

bigears In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

:eek: ........... Looks like I missed a little while away
    Simple really it takes all kinds to make the world go round it would be rather boring if we were all the same ............ :)
    Happy with the new look all good never bothered with the lounge so couldn't care less - my 2 cents worth ........ :D