VTWinman's '58 Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by trikar, Oct 4, 2006.

1. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1958 Ranchero from New Zeland.

2. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Now That is a good example of where alot of Ford designs came from, Nice ride... :cool:

3. Petey

Petey Guest

Nice ! Never seen one with that chrome trim design on the side before. That would make an interesting paint break line.
    Tennessee Hillbilly

4. kalle

kalle Guest

nice.

5. Bob Hardie

Bob Hardie In Fourth Gear

I like it!!!

6. vtwinman

vtwinman Guest

hi peoples thanks for your help and comments ive only owned it 3 weeks and im lovin it hopeing to give it a birthday soon and a panel and paint but yes ranchero`s are cool thanks once again.
    vtwinman.

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

V,you stated that this is a convertable???
    I cannot find any lines that th roof removes???
    Or did I lose something in th accent/language???
    I love that `58,I`m sure network girl will too...

[ October 04, 2006, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: As Is '66 ]

8. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Cool truck very cool.

9. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Very nice! Love the front [​IMG]

10. WV1%er

WV1%er In Third Gear

Brings back memories. My first Ranchero was a 58. I tell people it had a 58 front and a 57 rear. I guess they did that because a 58 had more than one tailight on each side. If the stayed true to the model it would have lights on the main body & the tailgate. That could make it prone to electrical problems, letting the tailgate up & down.
    Nice one.

11. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Quickly starting to be one year I may look for when I buy a Ranchero again. I have it narrowed down to a few years now. I love the Hoods with that scoop absolutely a mean looking package.

12. vtwinman

vtwinman Guest

no this car is`nt a convertible my comment was about another ranchero that was a convertible i have some pictures of someone elses 57 and 58 convertible ranchero they look cool as its food for thought as its a better idea than a roof chop.

13. trikar

The '57 I posted was going to be for my brother until his wife vetod it,so as far as I know it is still for sale $900 asking price. Only if I had the room.

14. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

And in my case...Only IF I had th money...

15. Great looking truck, V!
    Jim [​IMG]

16. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

I think you are right Petey. I don't believe Ford offered a side chrome trim like that but it looks nice.

17. vtwinman

vtwinman Guest

i have found another 1958 ranchero on ebay listing number 200032043308 that has exactly the same chrome strip on the side i have also saved another picture of a 1958 ranchero with the same chrome strip as well, so i`m picking its original strip for the 66a 1958 ranchero since i have owned my one i`m trying to find out as much as i can about them hence joining this website, there are only 3 1958 ranchero`s here in new zealand one os the 66b custom with the fairlane chrome down the sides the other just has the single chrome strip from the doors to the rear of the back guards and then my one with the chrome strip to just behind the doors and as far as i know my ranchero is original so can anyone tell me what the original chrome is for the 1958 66a ranchero then.

18. vtwinman

vtwinman Guest

i have also been told that the 1958 66a ranchero is a very rare car i know that only 1471 were made and i think 8479 of the 1958 66b with the fairlane option of chrome down the sides were produced is anyone able to share there knowledge of the 1958 ranchero with me to help me understand more about this particular model thanks to all. vtwinman

19. trikar

I just posted what I could find from the Dearborn classic listing for you on your other post under Vin decoder.

20. vtwinman

vtwinman Guest

cool thanks for that trikar all the best. vtwinman