Wanted wideband air fuel setup

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Classifieds' started by ramair428cjxr7, Sep 5, 2018.

1. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

Hey what's up fellow Ford fanatics . dropping some money on the Harley truck . They r telling me to get the most of tune, I need a wideband to keep my air fuel mixture within speck ?

2. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

I use this wideband AFR gauge, simple, no frills but works good. Allowed me to tune both of my Holley carbs to give good power and respectable mileage. Not sure how these will help a truck that already has factory EFI, maybe I am missing something(please advise). When I was tuning my carbs, the WB will help in telling you where to focus your tuning efforts and will give instant results to changes(good or bad) to the various orifices within and/or on the carburetor. I installed the WB in my Ranchero's GT cluster where the clock was originally.
    https://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-4110/10002/-1

3. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

The wideband sensor is a valuable tool, but it can lie to you claiming a lean condition is rich. Actually any condition that causes a miss will read as rich.
    I verify the reading by measuring header temp and make sure they agree.
    That is why you need to disable the O2 trim at WOT and run only from the chart.

4. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

Ok .cool. I'm not sure either that's why I'm collecting opinions and doing my studying .I've added a much bigger lower pulley, cold air intake ,bigger maf ,better cooling ,new coils ,custom tune ,from what I gather I could have paid alot more to go to a dino tuner and had it tuned. this way he writes a tune sends it to me ,I download it install Idle it datalog it send it back he fine tunes it sends it back