Water leaking from outside and dripping from my blower motor

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Deeno, Sep 11, 2018.

  1. Deeno

    Deeno In First Gear

    Messages:
    7
    I recently stopped water leaks coming from my windshield. Now when it rains i see water dripping from my blower motor. Where could it come from?
     
  2. burninbush

    burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

    Messages:
    8,301
    Location:
    near SF
    Guessing that your car is a '72? Take a look at the air inlets for the inside a/c-heater-vent stuff. Think they'll be on the firewall, each side high.

    The usual scenario is that the drain vents get plugged, after which the cowl passages fill with water which then makes it's way into the heater sources.
     
    andrewok1 likes this.
  3. LSChero

    LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

    Messages:
    2,103
    Location:
    Area 6 NV
    Could be fresh air cowl,hopefully not rusted through.HVAC case on firewall,think there is a seam under the fender the may let water in as well.
    Maybe remove blower motor assy.,hydro test with garden hose.Start low,work your way up.Good luck...
    SAM_3973.JPG SAM_3974.JPG
     
    andrewok1 likes this.
  4. Deeno

    Deeno In First Gear

    Messages:
    7
    my 72 came with ac would that make things more complicated? or do all 72's have the same firewall setup? I ask bc a galaxie I own has a different setup bc it too came with ac ...
     
  5. andrewok1

    andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    3,539
    Location:
    ocala ,florida
    Your car will be exactly the same as pictures posted by L.S. CHERO , /Welcome Deeno
     
  6. stabmasterarson

    stabmasterarson In First Gear

    Messages:
    17
    This site helped me a lot! I had the same issue, every time it rained or I washed my 72, when I drove away I would get a bucket of water dumped on my foot inside the cab. The way I cleared my cowl was a 3/4" vinyl tube taped to a shop vac. Suck as much as I can then switch to blow. Eventually I cleared out all 47 years of pine needles. I cut the rubber duck-bill drain off with an exacto knife inside the engine bay, it was rock hard and plugged anyway. Then I ran a garden hose in the cowl until water ran clear out each fender and the engine bay drain. I plan to pour rust converter in and empty a can of black spray paint inside next to stop any more rusting. Pretty happy how everything turned out!
     

Share This Page