Weather Blues

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hillbilly, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I am totally dissatisfied with my free seven day trial of Alaska weather. Please cancel my subscription !

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I *did not* sign up for this, myself. Even in Western Washington, it's never gone below 12° F. where I've lived, although, much more snow, and the occasional freezing rain.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Free Alaska weather 001.JPG Free Alaska weather 003.JPG Can't make up it's mind here. Got four inches tonight and now it warmed up slightly and is sleeting. Lord only knows what will be here at sunrise.

4. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

I was "ice skating" on our back deck putting out our bird feeders this AM...my poor old dog did a belly-slide down the stairs... :eek:

5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

6. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

7. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

every weekend......every time there is any off time...it rains....all day, endless non ceasing rain. Am so sick of it.......

8. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

Check out the weather in Hell, Michigan, see their website. "gotohellmi.com. They show the temp on their home page There's proof that hell really does freeze over. Careful telling somebody you'll do something when hell freezes over because it really does , then you'll have to do it.

HuevosRanchero and beerbelly like this.
  9. handy_andy_cv64

10. Minotaur

Minotaur In Third Gear

Saw robins the other day here in Michigan, could spring be too far off?
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-13-35-45.png

11. handy_andy_cv64

I wonder how many of them boltered on landing?

12. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I do feel for the South people. they are not acclimated and not built for the extreme cold.
    You guys have much worse weather than I do.
    19F now and was a little cloudy and so far this season probably got around a total of 12 /14 " in our world that's nothing, might go up to low to mid 20's tomorrow and
    may get a few inches over the week end NBD to us.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  13. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If you want to talk cold, I was stationed at Fairbanks Alaska back in the 70's as a weather equipment repairman. On two occasions, I saw temps of -78˚, the lowest our machines could record. Coulda been -100˚ for all I know. Planes doing touch and goes to break up the ice fog. Frozen wheel bearing grease. Every parking spot at the barracks had 4-outlet plugs for engine & interior heaters.
    I volunteered for that assignment, and being from Minnesota, it wasn't too much different for me. But I feel for those poor folks in Texas and the South; they are just not equipped or used to that sh*t.

14. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

Lived a few miles from Hell, Mi. before I moved here to Az. Not much of a town, more of a wide place in the road. Still a nice place to visit. Has a "up north Mi." type vibe to it.
    I feel for those people in Tx. freezing their butts off. Since I moved to Az. if the temperature isn't in the 80's I'm cold.