Well it's up and running

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by wayne64, Jun 1, 2008.

1. wayne64

wayne64 In Third Gear

Fired right up and sounds OK. With EFI the EEC-IV has to learn how to idle as it also has to do by driving. I got to set my TV cable today also as I want to keep my home built AOD happy with the right pressure. Tomorrow I'll get the mufflers and rear part of the exhaust done so I can go for some local drives before my first usual 50 mile oil change. One problem I do have is the Factory GT tach isn't working? I will have to pull the dash cluster and see if I have a bad connection or a smoked tach. I'm still un-decided on what to use for mufflers. The budget is used up and the choices are either Thrush turbos or go quite and use off the self cans. No H or X pipe either as of now for the same money issues but that I can add later (maybe). I set up a YouTube spot so the start up is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUTsKQZvoZ4

2. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Killer! Sounds good to me.

3. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

sounds good! With gas prices where there at today the 5.0 with the AOD is a great way to have your ranchero and be able to drive it too! :) A cheap set of turbo mufflers will sound good for now (I have used them on both of my rancheros). When money allows upgrade!