Whaddya think of Trump?

Discussion in 'This Whacky World' started by Sophie948, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

Just wondering, not trying to be a troll.

Myself, I think he's having lotsa fun grinding large, dull, rusty axes and I can't help but begrudgingly admire that. Although I think he's the best thing that Hillary could have ever dreamed of. (Even though I'm a leftie, I loathe both the Clintons)

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

The guy has always been a democrat, likely always will be.

When he needed to talk about this venture into politics, who did he call? Bill Clinton.
    With the exceptions of wanting to control our borders and having opposition to slaughtering children so that their parts can be sold, he follows the democrat party line. Supposedly he 'evolved' a few months ago into a Republican, heck he is a salesman, I bet he even sold a freezer to an eskimo.

He is an interesting, outspoken guy, but the republicans who want a democrat-lite are behind Jeb Bush.

3. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hypocritical bastard. On some news show this past weekend, some idiot talking head said Trump was really a democrat. Like the guy doesn't know what he is.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Trump is a salesman. That's about it. Once you understand that, he can be understood. Other than that, he's just another egomaniac.

TestDummy likes this.
  6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

A salesman that ran how many companies to bankruptcy?

7. ribald1

8. rwitt

rwitt In Maximum Overdrive

Oh please ribald.....we all know Lindsey's the man. Well.....maybe not the "man" but close.
    As they say....close is only in horseshoes, hand grenades and Caitlyn Jenner

9. ribald1

As the name "Lindsey" is ambisexual there was no need to change his name when he switched teams more than 20 years before Bruce did, and they are both Republicans.
    If Lindsey wins, he could name Bruce both vice president and first lady!
    And some people actually think that the Democrat party is the party of Progressives!:D

10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Trump is not a salesman...he's a huckster. A very dangerous huckster. Someone who will always sell a bill of rotten horses#!t as a case of golden road apples, and expect everyone to smile while eating them. Someone who promises the Moon, the stars and the Sun, while covertly moving his own ulterior agenda forward. Vidkun Quisling comes to mind. If his name doesn't ring a bell, he was the Norwegian middle government functionary who handed Norway to the Nazis with hardly a shot fired.

11. ribald1

Obama is already handing us to Islam in the same manner, leaving Trump with nothing to do.

12. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

"opposition to slaughtering children so that their parts can be sold"

Hey, Ribald 1, it's not as though they're an endangered species, you know.

13. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

So... you advocate murder?

14. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

No, Ribald, just trying to inject some sick humor into the discussion.

On a more serious note...

I think abortion and the question of when a zygote becomes a human being are questions beyond the wisdom of our fearless leaders and that abortion generally should remain a decision to be made by the individual and not something that the government should control.

That said...

If one believes that a zygote becomes a human being upon conception, some of the more maniacal anti-abortion actions do become understandable.

Although if men became pregnant, and not women, I believe abortion would be a sacrament. [Sorry, my propensity for sick humor strikes again.]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  15. RANCHEROROB

He's a lefty so babies are fair game, Just don't try to execute a BLACK or MEXICAN death row inmate.

16. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

Oh, that's right, Rancherrob. We lefties keep forgetting that the right to life ends at birth.

17. RANCHEROROB

Someone that murders another human being has no right to life......sophie

18. ribald1

Neither are Jews, and it was legal to kill them in Germany.
    Just as with the babies here, the Nazi's used the parts for medical experiments. They even used the skin for lamps, luggage, book covers and purses.

There is a long history of objectifying a particular group, be it Jews, Blacks, babies, Slaves etc... and using the created status of less then, or not, human to rationalize cruelty and butchery and murder.

Those baby parts would be of no value, and the child would not be killed were the 'tissue mass' other than a human being.

19. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Trump is pretty much a one-issue candidate - - illegal immigration, particularly across an unprotected border.

And for this, he's got quite a lead in the polls. Tells you something about what a great many citizens consider important. And that they are tired of the same old-same old.

And so far, most of the other candidates are either too dumb to follow up on that, or too deeply in debt to those who benefit from the porous border and vast H1B program.

He's also getting support from a great many citizens of hispanic background - north of 30% last I read.

I don't think I could bring myself to vote for him, unless his opponent is one of the current crop of dems (Hillary, Bernie, O'Malley, Webb?, etc.).

20. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

"Someone that murders another human being has no right to life......sophie"

Well, as I said, if one really believes that a zygote becomes a human being upon conception, some of the more maniacal acts of those opposed to abortion become understandable - perhaps even a moral obligation. If one truly believes that abortion docs are murdering babies, it does make sense to assassinate the docs.

Where I think the pro-life/right-to-choose folks could find common ground is doing stuff to minimize the motivations that a woman may have for seeking an abortion, minimizing the things that make having a child a liability in one's life. Government-provided childcare would be an excellent start so a women could still pursue education and a career. And, yes, it would require raising taxes. How much are you willing to have your taxes raised to reduce the rate of abortions?

It's such a polarized issue. Nobody's going to convince a right-to-lifer that abortion's OK; nobody's going to convince a right-to-chooser that abortion should be outlawed. Too bad we can't come together to minimize the reasons why many women seek abortions in the first place.