What a price tag

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Classifieds' started by 210eddiep, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

2. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, but if I had that much money to spend on a car, that one would probably be it.;)

Here's a picture of a yellow one that I've seen up close, with a matching orange Cyclone in the background.

[​IMG]

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Man., I wish they could get the story straight. Two ? Maybe in someone's drug addled mind. Still a nice ol' car but I'd rather have either of Dad's two instead Eddie.
    It looks much better in person. As much fun as it is to track up a friend's yard, I'm starting to enjoy seeing them back in the trailers. It means the detailing is over and I can go home.

Attached Files:

4. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

That's great Hillbilly. I can't imagine owning one let alone two. If any of us were in your neck of the woods would a look at em be possible?

5. Hillbilly

Yes Sir for a Ranchero owner. Up close an' personal Eddie. Just be ready for the history lesson from Dad. Did you catch the link to the Aero Warriors site ?
    Interesting reading and plenty pics. ( http://www.aerowarriors.com )
    Family reunion =

Attached Files:

6. LUCKYJACKASS

LUCKYJACKASS SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER

So Hillbilly, what number of those King Cobra's were actually produced (or what do you believe is the correct number - not being an ass here, just asking). Also,
    what is the deal with the 2 different headlight configurations - i.e. the small square ones inset or the round ones molded into the corners? I probably should just do a little research online, but I figured I'd ask since you are 'in the know' on these cars. I'd love to see one in person as well. Fascinating stuff from Ford that just never had the chance to change racing...

7. Hillbilly

Sure as I say a number someone likely will pipe up that I missed one. Two yellows, a red, a blue, a white, and a red Ranchero King Cobra that I know of for sure. Haven't dug very far into the Mercury paperwork yet, two known Cyclones of which one was destroyed by Ford, the other was given to Mose Layne who was Prez of Lincoln/ Mercury. Thanks to Larry Shinoda we found and restored Mose's Cyclone. The one I want is the longnose Cyclone wagon. Can't find any details yet about what happened to it.
    Lucky, all of them had rectangular park/turn lights in the hood. What is throwing you is you see some pics of the cars with the headlight covers on, some without the covers. All of them had big round headlights like a 240-Z Datsun. I don't know who stole that idea from whom.

Attached Files:

8. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Hillbilly, I need to show you the drawing my Dad did of a '71 Ranchero/Nomad he did for me.I told him What I wanted to build and he sketched it out for me. Looks similar to that wagon but it doesnt have the Vista Cruiser roof.
    I will scan a pic of it and post it tomorrow.

9. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

That wagon is so cool!!!

10. LUCKYJACKASS

LUCKYJACKASS SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER

Thanks for the info. Really cool, especially the Ranchero and wagon. It really is hard to tell that there are headlight covers on them from the pics.

11. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Heck, just offer him $450k and be done with it.