What did you do (updated)

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by sarah, Jun 28, 2006.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

So people...what did you do while we were on a forced vacation......
    some of you know what I've been up to.....but most of you don't know......Saturday June 17th was the last show I did....and RED took second place...to a sweet 56 Ford PU....

[​IMG]

this is the first place truck....
    [​IMG]

but boys....let me show you what RED BEAT OUT....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    aaahhhhh, that was a sweet day.

[ June 30, 2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: sarah ]

2. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

It's soooo nice....having ranchero.us back...
    The first few days were very hard, but then Thanks to Sarah I focused on my truck and spent alot money.. :D :D

Get Red back together yet? Remember, the warranty applies to OTD.. :cool:

3. sarah

and a friend of mine Jim....acquired this really nice 77 GT....I will have company at the shows now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jim bought this truck from an old guy he knew who ended up in hospice...and he paid 1500 for it. It doesn't even have 100K on it. He showed me reciepts of the engine (400M) and trans just being rebuilt. So he stole this truck.
    [​IMG]
    Jim doesn't have access to the internet or he would be here. He wants me to see if any of you might have the old factory AM/FM radio that would go in this truck. His only has the AM and he doesn't want to install a new stereo. He's decided to restore to original on this truck. So if any of you have a radio to go in this thing let me know.

[ June 30, 2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: sarah ]

4. sarah

No CJ I haven't got to that part yet.....ahem....

So yeah, if you didn't hang at supermotors, you wouldn't know RED died. But thanks to my hubby....and a few dollars and great machine shop friends...RED is on the mend. Thanks to CJ I now know, more about my HotRod.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these can cause problems....

but I have to back up two days, Clark was in Denver on a business trip, so he and his lovely wife came down to visit RED...oh and have dinner at my house. So I figured I would get the formalities out of the way....I said, lets get this over with....Gave him a grin and I went into the garage...and fired up RED.....

Of course I goosed it enough to wake the next door neighbor. I backed out and took Clark for a ride around the block. Just a tiny block. Well, when we left the first light I took off and made him sink back a tiny bit in his seat and went through the gears, flawlessly then I lifted when we were at 90mph in a steady curve...Cause you have to be careful. Well he's giggling telling me about a ride with Billy in his Vert...something about a gear issue....what gear was that Billy, 3rd? Anyhow we get down to the next intersection, I turned left. Laid it down once more and much to my dismay...missed 2nd...dang it. (I think its Clark not the drivers Billy) anyhow... When I got home all was okay.
    [​IMG]
    We had a wonderful time and enjoyed their company emencely....as I said, Clark next time I'll let you drive.

So, apparently some believe RED's demise was because of the second gear thing....who knows, but RED is feeling better and Probably will be running this evening.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After having the Heads resurfaced all is good, Klaus is putting him back together. He just called and said, "I'm ready to put the rockers back on" and babe I really hate your truck....

[ June 30, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: sarah ]

5. sarah

great now Supermotors isn't working....lmao...well when it does I'll update ya'll with more pictures. All that is left is the manifold and valve covers. All of the valves are adjusted and as Klaus said Readjusted...so they will be noisy. And he also noticed that new dizzy we just put in RED....the backing plate is loose as hell....maybe that caused the detonating which blew my gasket....hmmmmmm....

Oh and thank you again CJ. I appreciate all of your help. Klaus thinks its great we have the good heads on RED. Love ya baby.....

6. 73ranchero

73ranchero In Third Gear

I took time off and went to the All Ford Day at Bandimere and that was kool as hell. I also went to the junk yard and found a sweet dash pad out of a 79 T-Bird, Vinal dyed it and installed it in Tweety. Sarah if you dont have a rear sway bar for Red that 79 has one.

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Well Sarah, you know me...I ain`t done NOTHIN !!!LOL...
    June 17th marks another year anniversary of my wreck and it slipped right on by,didn`t realize it til it had passed...
    Rusty girl is awaiting th transplant of th 302cid out of a truck I drove a few trucks back...
    I fount th squeal source,a spun bearing on #1 rod,it ate up th crank so I swapped things around and HOPE to be back up fer a test drive tonite...
    The garden is producing well too...(weeds)
    pics to come soon...

8. sarah

Kelly you can see why Klaus and I didn't make it to the All Ford....man we really wanted to. RED should be back up and running today. yippee.....

9. 73ranchero

73ranchero In Third Gear

Ya the weather was nice and their were a ton of Mustangs. Only one Ranchero and that was a 63 that was for sale. Not a lot of stuff at the swap meet but we had fun anyway.

10. I found a nice van to commute with:

[​IMG]

Now all I need to do is <a href="http://privatelabel.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?usedVehicleID=3104574&minYear=2005&maxYear=2005&searchID=45327859&vehicleTypeID=1&UVViewID=4&Page=1&DealerGroupID=" target="_blank">sell my truck...

[​IMG]</a>

Any takers? (If you click the link and look at the pic of the truck's rear, you can see the 74 in the background...) :cool:

[ June 30, 2006, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: ForistellFord ]

11. sarah

so did you see the problem supermotors is having....their hard drives crashed. It looks like if anyone (like me) posted pictures since May 15th will be lost.... Do you all know how many black boxes with FILE NOT FOUND are going to pop up on this site..... oi voi......... :D lmao

12. I wanted to see the auto show pics, too. Then I'll just patiently wait.

13. sarah

yes because I'll probably have to redo those as well. Actually this is going to wipe out my Hugo pictures, these above, the All Ford up in Denver, the cruise at the garden of the gods....all of the engine tear down and put back together....ooooo 300 plus pictures... Clark and me with RED.....Foristell you didn't get to see RED naked....CJ did...He saw what RED is hiding under the tin.... :D :D :D Oh well, It'll give me something to do monday....

14. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

15. sarah

I'll check it out....thanks.... :D

16. Allen Larsen

Allen Larsen Guest

wow! did you guys see that, its another little red, but crappyer biult less show worthy and not even worth comparing to red!wow oh and foristellford, took me awhile and a few wrong clicks but i found the b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l 74,keep the love m,i"m out!

17. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

And he also noticed that new dizzy we just put in RED....the backing plate is loose as hell....maybe that caused the detonating which blew my gasket....hmmmmmm....

++++++++++++++

Love those roller rockers -- I'll have a set of those some day.

Maybe you can talk Klaus into getting you a distributor into Red that doesn't use points! That is 1920's tech -- they can't possibly time spark as accurately as a mag pickup distro.

Dunno if any stock distributor will fit your Cleveland -- maybe a Duraspark from a 351m/400? Otherwise, there are aftermarket pickup conversions that fit within a stock housing. I'd avoid any that operate off the stock points lobes -- that does nothing to make timing more accurate.

18. sarah

yeah we'd love to do that...Klaus is not a fan of the duraspark combination...and funds are always an issue...so we carry an extra dizzy and set of points cause you never know. Shoot he has that dizzy swap down to an art...he can have the old one out and the new one in in five minutes...and in perfect time. He's that good. The story on the rockers...I don't even know what a set runs, Klaus had built a Cleveland for this guy who had those in it...He said he didn't like them and Klaus offered him stock rockers and marked down the labor 100 in exchange for those Rollers....we got a good deal on them. We still like the bartering system....it works.

19. sarah

Oh the Red one is a GMC Sprint....a very limited edition truck he showed us the papers on that one...they didn't make too many of those. The old guy is selling that truck for 13000.00 if ya'll (ahem) are interested....lmao :D :D :D

20. I installed a Grant wheel security system. I doubt anyone would actually want to steal my ride, but you never know. I feel better with it installed...I can go into movies or malls for extended periods of time and not get that neck hair raising feel that my truck's being pilfered.

Next, I put in new door seals from dearborn and replaced the turn signal lever I accidentally hacksawed while installing the Grant security hub. Stupid Ford steering shaft....

I took my daughter and infant son to the zoo. Not in the Ranchero though...

Finally, I secured the aid of my people at work in an attempt to help get this board back online. I had my computer experts on standby just incase I got an email spelling out exactly what the problem was. Fortunately it was the server's fault! So, it was somebody else's problem and those are good problems to have...