What do you listen to when riding in your Ranchero?

Discussion in 'Car and Home Audio' started by The Breeze, Apr 19, 2014.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And don't forget that sweet V8 rumble...

The Wrench likes this.
  2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

3. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Exhaust throaty rumble...

RancheroRandy and The Wrench like this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So the Sparkomatic just didn't fit at all, no matter what I did. The applique that goes over that section is offset by 1/16th inch, and I don't want to peel and re-stick it. Anyway, a few months ago, my friend Steven scored an early '80s Clarion deck (nearly $250 in '82!), and these four pics show that I had to modify the bracket to get the face into the opening without interference from the applique. And it's now all secure.

PSX_20201217_215716.jpg PSX_20201217_215757.jpg PSX_20201217_215828.jpg PSX_20201217_220548.jpg

Now the wiring and speakers. I need to copy a setup that came out of our '76 LTD that pairs two 4" speakers in a custom bracket, which is installed in the center of the dash, and then I'd like to do a pair of 5X7's or 6X9's on the doors, but at the rear, not the front. What does everyone think about that idea?

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Andy, the factory speakers are in the front of the doors to lessen the chance of damage to the speakers from door slams. Pretty sure a 6 inch round coaxial will fit in the factory holes.