What kinda tires everyone using?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Jerry38, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

I have some 195/60/15 on my 1965 Ranchero. Thinking of going Cooper CS3. Just curious what others are using.

2. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I love the BFG's and use them exclusively on my old cars.

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm using Mastercraft Strategy, which are available from the Les Schwab stores on the west coast and Summit Racing. Great price and they last. I'm running 195/60/15 front and 215/60/15 rear.

4. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Cooper CS5......On Chevelle and Ranchero

5. 1978GT

1978GT In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

BFG Radial T/A (P245/60SR15) all around on my 78. Stock 14s are undersized for Ranchero. I haven't changed the speedometer gear, don't really care about the difference (approx +4%) in the readings.

6. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

Yeah the guy I bought it from has same set up. He must of ran over something. Cause the right tie rod was pretty bent and the tires were worn out from alignment not being right. So I replaced all of suspension now just gonna throw some tires on. Just curious what everyone is using.

7. bigears

bigears In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Hard to beat BFG Radial T/A's 235/60/15 on all four corners on my 73
    Previous 75 had the same but 255's on the rear .............

8. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

General Altimax 235/75/15
    IMG_7412.JPG

9. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

The Blackanround brand has treated me fair so far, I can usually find them at just about any tire store although having a coupon make them a better buy.

10. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Jerry: I have a 64 with the 14" wheels. I want to go to 15" when I get to that point. Any clearance issues?

11. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

I am also in the middle of a 1964 refreshing and tires and wheels have me a bit torn. I have decided to put Cragar solid chrome smoothies on it since I am refreshing all the chrome I can. Originally, I was going to go painted smoothie, but changed my mind. I don't know if I should go 14 or 24. opinions? tire size?

12. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

Not that I have noticed so far. I work a lot and have only driven it around town 3 times haven't noticed anything so far. It has 195/ 60/15 in front and 225/65/15 in rear. I was looking at Cooper cobras R/t but think smallest is a 215/65/15 curious if it will fit front. But I think I might do a decent cheaper tire cause I plan to paint next year or year after that slap these on http://www.americanracing.com/wheel/18850/vn215-classic-torq-thrust-ii-1-piece

13. Bazz

Bazz In First Gear

BFG 215/60/15 Radial T/A

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. toyroom

toyroom In Third Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

On our 1971 Ranchero we recently put on BFG T/A Radials and American Racing Vintage Torque Thrusts 15''

Attached Files: