What's with Indian ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Clark, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Out of curiosity I looked around the web to see if any of there were any flat track national races near Denver for 2019 and saw all these photos of Indian Scouts on the flat tracks. So looking some more I read that Polaris the manufactures of Victory motorcycles is now producing motorcycles under the old Indian name. So has Polaris created a new Indian or are these a rebadged Victory?

2. atomicdog

atomicdog In First Gear

I believe they created a new engine to give the Indian more of the classic V-twin feel people were expecting.
    If it was just a rebadge they probable wouldn't have needed to kill off the Victory line. :(

3. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Ah ha. I didn't realize that the Victory was gone.

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They just changed the name to Failure.

ForistellFord and beerbelly like this.
  5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Speaking of Indians, you gotta hand it to Jay Leno for taking a 1930 Indian Chief out on the streets of CA, and riding hands-free too:

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I give him some credit.

7. Dyno

Dyno In Third Gear

The Indians have been kicking the Harley's pretty good on the flat track past 2 years. Indian developed the bike for racing, Harley developed their "new" bike for street then went racing with it. Jared Mees along with rest of crew kicked some major butt out their and turned it into a Indian fest.
    Even Vance & Hines didn't get it figured out with these Harley's. Looked more like handling than anything else to me, they were designing new frame for this year think Brule style. Sammy #69 decent guy, Jarod Vanderkoi good kid should develop well, Brandon Robinson #44 has been racing since 4 years old. Team contracts either ended or guys got out of them for this year. Sammy was offered payout to go somewhere else.