Where are you?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by scrnic1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

I would like to see a section for everyone to put their location, or something like that. I for example, am wondering if there is anyone in Lacey,Wa where i am located. I am also interested in Ranchero/torino events in the area or possibly helping organize them... Ive seen on other forums very broad section like

"northwest, northeast, soutwest,southeast" ive also seen all the way down to a state by state listing... Just a suggetion for what i would consider a small but useful improvement to the site.:D

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

you can put your location in your profile and it will show up under your name in the box beside the post.

3. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

Yep, but what im talking about is an area for people local to each other to gather and discuss/organize get togethers that sort of thing.

4. 5.0 Chero

We are not really that big. we have maybe 100 or so members that post regularly, you can use the lounge for looking for other people in your area, and use the announcements section for any events you want to post.

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What a great idea! You know what would be cool? A map of the world, with 'pins' sticking in where we all live. Like this,... sort of.

[​IMG]

6. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Sounds like we have a volunteer!
    Huzzah!
    Do it Sean, that is a great idea.

7. TestDummy

Alas, I've donated, at the very least, $100 to this place since it started; therefore I am ineligible to participate in the creation of a world map that shows the whereabouts of all of our members. That and I have no idea where to begin doing so and no desire to start. This would be a great way for another member, one who is not able to contribute either monetarily or with knowledge, to give back to the site.

8. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

I see, well, if i thought i were capable, i would volunteer! But with that few regular contributors, its not a huge deal i suppose. The map idea however, looks like an "easy" solution to my suggestion. Maybe just use the map in the lounge area, have it as a sticky?

9. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to disclose our exact location on the internet. One formerly regular (OK, extremely regular;)) poster from Missouri used the name of his home town as his online identity. He's totally disappeared now. I'm fairly sure it's because a bail-bond bounty hunter found him.

10. 5.0 Chero

he was on yesterday! he just dose not post much anymore

11. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Sorry. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it.;)

12. TestDummy

It doesn't ask for your address, just your town. See, that map I posted is from Places I've Been on FB. If you were to zoom in on a pin, you wouldn't get the hotel room I stayed at in Korea, you'd get Korea; you wouldn't get my old house in Clarkston, you'd get Detroit. If someone is so damn paranoid they don't want others to know what town they live in, they just won't use it. It's those people that can't be trusted, by the way.

13. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

Yeah, not giving you my address LOL, but i would gladly list my stomping grounds! I see ranchero's so rarely, it would be cool to get some toghther, and this seems like a step in that direction.

14. 1223

1223 In Second Gear

definitely would be cool. for me though i am a travelin fool and would have to use up three or four states to cover where i go for work,live, and temporarily live. either way i'd give up the info.....anyone who appreciates a ranchero(or classic ford)is a friend.