Why you never let kids drive your baby

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by frenchdahlonegan, Jul 5, 2012.

1. frenchdahlonegan

frenchdahlonegan In Second Gear

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Thats not too bad at least no one was hurt....save for the whippin I am betting the kid is getting from you.:eek:

3. 79351rancherogt

79351rancherogt In Fourth Gear

Thats nothing my 76 olds whole driver side was destroyed im just getting it back together again nothing a little pounding out and some body butter:D

4. HuskerDanInVa

HuskerDanInVa In Second Gear

Ouch! Coulda been a lot worse though. Hang in there, and look at it as an opportunity to refine your "bodywork" skills. I'm sure you can find a "helper" for some of the grunt work! :D

5. frenchdahlonegan

Thanks guys, I know it could have been worse and yes, no one is hurt (YET!;))

C'est la vie...

6. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

is the kid still breathing....:rolleyes:

7. scbarger

scbarger Banner Maker

If you can get on the inside of that fender it will mostly pop out I think.

8. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

hmmm...That'll buff out for sure ;). I see a trip to the "woodshed". Did the story go... Yeah, I wasn't gonna let this Chevy pass me so I put a fender on him sending him into the wall?? I hope it gets fixed relatively easy, let him/her "help" you fix it. Todd

EDIT.
    I didn't mean for this to be seen or read as poking fun. I was just trying to get a little smile from you even though it seems like a bad situation, it could have been alot worse, heaven forbid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  9. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

oh no!!!:eek:

10. Lord Snow

Lord Snow In Fourth Gear

I agree that it looks like the dent will mostly pop out if you can get behind it. I would say that the child's driving privileges should be revoked for awhile.

11. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

yes the dent will pop out, but you might have to use a majic wheel on the crease,,,get the kid an old f150 to learn with...(an make the kid pay for most of it)...lol:rolleyes:

12. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Looks like it's time for the kid to learn how to do some body work.

13. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Stuff happens. I agree with the people here that they need to give you a hand with the body work, and a few dozen car washes. At least everyone is safe and that's one of the main reasons for driving these older cars for me. Might have taken the whole front clip off a newer car.

14. frenchdahlonegan

You guys are really the best!

I agree that it would have done a lot more damage on a newer car; and that a dent is just a dent.
    He's gonna pay for it to be fixed (not sure how or how long that'll take) - had I or my husband done it, we'd do the body work ourselves; but we've been helping this kid out and he's gotta learn actions have consequences and he cannot keep on breaking stuff (I swear he's a WMD :p)

The guy we bought the 'Chero from has a shop and he's gonna fix it for a reasonable price... will upload pics when it looks like new again!

15. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Aren't kids great? I drive a large F-450 service truck for work, I bring it home every night and back it in the driveway and park it in the same place just about every night. So one day my stepdaughter got in her Toyota P/U, started backing-down the driveway and broad-sided my work truck in reverse. Hit it in such a way that I had to use a floor jack to slide the rear of the Toyota over. Creased the bed-side of the Toyota, smashed one of it's tailights, put a nice dent in one of the bin doors on my work truck. Of course in her eyes it was my fault (despite the fact the truck was parked and I was in the garage).

After that she parked in the street. And she got to buff-out my work truck and learn how to replace a tailight on a Toyota P/U. We never fixed the bed. Even today she'll be the first to admit that she's glad she didn't hit something I actually own.

Oh and the kid's profession? She's a Valet. LOL

Kevin "No thanks, I'll park it myself"

16. shoprat

shoprat In Fourth Gear

Don't sweat the small stuff! Fix this...:eek:
    [​IMG]
    had it fixed earlier this year
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
  17. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

I let my wife drive mine.
    [​IMG]

Its all OK.

18. 2beast

2beast In Third Gear

WOW!

:eek::eek::eek:

19. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

I wish I still had pictures of my father in law's original 79 Ranchero. My mother in law was driving it with my wife in the passenger seat when they were t-boned at an intersection. Car was almost a right angle but everyone walked away. Became the reason my wife loves Rancheros, and older cars in general, but also why she can't drive (she gets panic attacks behind the wheel). If she were in a modern car she might not be walking today, or even alive for that matter. Car was toast, but the engine and transmission were stuffed into a 78's body which I eventually bought.