winter restoration

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by shifty, Oct 30, 2006.

1. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

You GO Boy!!!
    We all await th "finally" finished picture,but then th fun begins,Maintaining that fresh look...
    GREAT WORK!!!

2. MaryT

MaryT Guest

It just keeps getting better and better! Great work, as usual :D

3. JRS66

JRS66 In Third Gear

Man! You are a inspiration. Great job.

4. ray55classic

ray55classic Guest

a beautiful ride , exceptional quality work, jrs66 is right you are inspirational !!......ray :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. 50J03

50J03 In Fourth Gear

Ahhhh, the spring time when flowers bloom and the smell of fresh polishing compound is in the air [​IMG]

Looking good...

6. shifty

shifty Guest

Here is the headliner soundproofing/insulation glued in place with 3M SUPER trim adhesive.
    [​IMG]

7. shifty

shifty Guest

The new headliner laid out....
    [​IMG]

Starting the install....
    [​IMG]

8. nsr

nsr Guest

Shifty,can't wait to see the finished product.

BTW.....That was the uglyest tan that ford could have possibly come up with on that 77/79. :D
    I know....mine was that color. When my wife first saw my cheros color, she called it "Crayola Ford caucasian fleshtone tan".

9. shifty

shifty Guest

Rwitt... couldnt agree with you more!!!!! we call it the beige beast! Ford calls it Light Chamois, whatever, it isnt good. Dad wants to repaint it THE SAME COLOR!!!!!!!

10. shifty

shifty Guest

windshield trim...
    [​IMG]

11. shifty

shifty Guest

Here is the kick panel. The parts come black in color. It is painted with Dearborns vinyl dye. I also did the armrests and it is an exact match and went on good and has nice coverage. But... at 10$ a can it had better be nice!!! Like we always say, you cant put a price on quality ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

No you can't put a price on quality and your ride is looking priceless. Very impressive. I like that your keeping it original. It's gonna look good at the car shows.

13. JOE

JOE In Second Gear

Hwo did you get the wrinkles out of your headliner. What you have pictured is as far as I got. But for some reason if i stretch the sides the wrinkles won't come out
    Thanks
    Joe

14. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Lookin Great!!!

15. shifty

shifty Guest

Hey Joe, This web page has some good tips. http://www.autorestorer.com/articles/art121.html
    I parked my car in the sun for the whole morning before i started. The hotter the better!!!! Just have to keep working it.... here is a picture of the clips we used... It is a 8ft piece of plastic edge molding i got at Home Depot. all we did is cut it into little pieces. It works slick.
    [​IMG]

16. JOE

JOE In Second Gear

Well it's finally supposed to get pretty hot here this weekend, i'll give it a go. Now this moulding from Home Depot. If I tell the guy plastic edge moulding he'll know what I mean?
    And, thanks for the info and the link, I printed it. Your help is most invalueble.
    Thanks
    Joe

17. shifty

shifty Guest

Joe,
    He might! I just happened to find it walking around.

18. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Looking good! I am going to start working on the interior and body of my '67 soon so this is a great inspiration to me.

Laters,
    Jeff

19. JOE

JOE In Second Gear

Just thought i'd let you know that the information you gave me on the headliner was great. Mine turned out perfect. Thanks for the help.
    Joe

20. shifty

shifty Guest

getting closer
    [​IMG]