winter restoration

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by shifty, Oct 30, 2006.

1. shifty

shifty Guest

well... here is the interior. i still have to get the body molding on. Dad and I are still working onthis one.We cant find clips anywhere!!!! And we cant get the door pannels on till i get the molding on the doors. We still need to get the tail lights on but again with the molding...
    [​IMG]

2. shifty

shifty Guest

Here is a shot of the clips we need!!! anyone out there have any of these??? i need four letter G's six letter J's and twelve letter K's!
    [​IMG]

3. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I sure am happy Rusty ain`t got none of those...
    Lookin Great as you make progress...

4. shifty

shifty Guest

yes they are attached still

5. shifty

shifty Guest

yea AsIs it seems to be a 67 only kind of thing!!

6. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Looks great! Nice to see it back together again. Now for all the odds and ends [​IMG]

7. shifty

shifty Guest

And 72GTVA that clip house site is great!!!! Thank you!

8. shifty

shifty Guest

Thank you Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 50J03

50J03 In Fourth Gear

Old Yellow is looking good!

Man, I have paint envy...

10. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

so if ya'll need.... I live 15 minutes from the clip house.... FYI

11. shifty

shifty Guest

bed trim on... rear window in.
    [​IMG]

12. Hyrb

Hyrb Guest

Man thats pretty!

13. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

shifty, It's late July, how long is the winter there? :D Just kidding you. It's looking great!
    I might have some "G" clips if you still need them.

14. shifty

shifty Guest

I got one door pannel on!!!!
    Before....
    [​IMG]
    After...
    [​IMG]

15. shifty

shifty Guest

Trikar... they say we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing here in VT. or, the seasons are fall, winter, spring, July!! that is ofcourse not true. close... but not exact! I was hoping to have her done for the car show here last weekend, didn't make it, but... I did enter my '63 HD and took 1st with that, so that was a good thing!
    As far as the clips... I found a guy through a friend of a friend of a friend, not too far from here who owns a body shop out in the woods. Some years ago he purchased a U-Haul truck of obsolete Ford body parts and pieces. So I met him one morning and he and I went through every single box, bag, envelope he had. almost 4 hours later!!!! I did find all the clips I needed EXCEPT the "K" ones part number C70Z- 6229144-A. but thanks to the link form 72GTVA/Sarah I have been in touch with the guy from The Clip House (very nice helpful staff they have there) and in addition to getting some door seals for a 76 Ranchero I am working on for a guy it looks like he may have those clips!!! Just waiting for a call back on that.

16. As Is '66

Yup,one winter project almost complete...
    You have come a LONG way with this over th past few months,you give us Inspiration...
    Th`63? I decided to get my `65 Sporty up insteadda buying another bike,It`s been one of those ~"yeah,I got a Harley"..."over there in th boxes,cans and bags"...
    But I talked with a fella yesterday that will "put `er back together" fer me...
    I think I`ll enjoy it MORE than a new one...
    Good Work !!!
    and (of course)~ Good luck on completion of this journey...

17. shifty

shifty Guest

Drivers door new vapor barrier:
    [​IMG]
    Door pannel with armrest holes and door/window handle holes:
    [​IMG]
    and with armrest and both handles on. you will notice the absence of the remote mirror actuator.... the mirror I ordered came with the cables too short!!! I guess that's one of the things I should have checked! So the cable is ziptied to one of the holes in the door to keep it from bouncing around in there and getting caught in the window mechanism or making a rattle!!! I have to take both doors apart at some point when they get the out side door handles back in stock at auto krafters so I will find the correct mirror and replace it then so I only have to take the door panels off once.
    [​IMG]

18. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Simply awesome looking ride and great work!

19. As Is '66

One more step towards completion...
    You GO Boy!!!
    Would ya bring that truck to our roundup in Andersonville, October, soas we can see it in person???
    OR Atlanta, to Fordsouth in th spring...

20. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Looking awesome! I hope my '67 turns out as nice. Now that the engine transplant is completed and Buster is on the road it is time to start the serious restoration work.

If I may ask where did you get the door panels and vapor barriers from? Are you happy with the quality?

Laters,
    Jeff