winter restoration

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by shifty, Oct 30, 2006.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Looks really good Shifty...really good...

2. shifty

shifty Guest

Thanks Sarah!!!!! thats just about 3/4 of a gallon of Feather-Fill. (the doors and fenders are behind me on benches.) Now i have to block it out tomorrow and wet wetsand and its ready for primer.
    Still waiting to hear back from Dearborn about my seat cover!!!

3. nsr

nsr Guest

Shifty- She's gonna be one beautiful ride and by the way things look, she'll be completed and ready to show off at the southeast roundup. I would be honored to follow you down from carolina,in Oct. [​IMG]
    I would hope you'll try and make it.

[ January 21, 2007, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: rwitt ]

4. shifty

shifty Guest

Outside getting some fresh air!
    [​IMG]

5. shifty

shifty Guest

6. Cevin71GT

Cevin71GT Guest

you're getting me all excited and it's not even my truck! i love watching these rancheros come together especially when they move at lightning speed like shifty's project.

i guess i should stop whining about not being able to work outside when it's 30 degrees, since you're working in the snow!! [​IMG]

i sure do wish i had a nice shop setup like yours though. my chero will barely fit in my garage far enough for the door to shut.

7. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

WOW you have the same landscaping I do... :D :D :D doesn't it feel great to sit in back on the ground again....looks good Shifty... :D :D

8. shifty

shifty Guest

I had it outside so i could put it in the lift bay and install the linkage for my new column shift and seam seal around the patch in the floor where the automatic shifter was. I wanted to do it before but i didnt want to back it outside when it was raw steel. It hasnt been very dry outside lately.

9. shifty

shifty Guest

Here is the other side!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. rohojo1

rohojo1 Guest

Coming along nicely, very nicely. Give 'er a couple more positive degrees in temprature here and I'll start working on mine again. The weather guesser said last night we shold be back up to normal (32~35*) for at least a couple days later in the week, then the temp drops again. I'm really starting to look forward to spring when life will begin again.
    VR
    Bob J.

[ January 23, 2007, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Bob Jones ]

11. shifty

shifty Guest

So... one of the reasons i bought the GTA i bought was because it had a dash clock. so i take both dash's apart to make one good one out of the two and.... the clock dosent work!!!!! Here is a picture of the inside. pretty simple. i took it to the old guy in town who has been fixin' watches for ever. (been in business from 1940something till now). he told me what to do to try and fix it, so i tried and it will run for a while and stop. you tap it and it will run for a while more.??????? O-well... we tried. I guess I will just have to put a quartz movement in it.
    [​IMG]

12. nsr

nsr Guest

Shifty, this might sound like a dumb question, but is that a blue International scout or pickup on the far right hand side of the picture? I had a 74 pickup and it reminds me of the rear end of that truck.

13. shifty

shifty Guest

Hey rwitt... not a scout, i wish it was!!!! those are cool. it is a 1978 ford pick up that dad bought sight unseen in new jersey. its on the list of biggest mistakes he has made. bought it through a friend(?) the guy said it was a rust free good running truck. (lies one and two). it is junk. but in its defense, i did use one of its tail light bulbs for my bike trailer last year on my trip to Laconia for bike week!!!!!! so i guess there is good in every thing!!!!! [​IMG]

14. shifty

shifty Guest

here is part of the dash repainted...
    [​IMG]

15. shifty

shifty Guest

going back together.....
    [​IMG]

16. shifty

shifty Guest

all back together with a clock that dont work!
    [​IMG]

17. 50J03

50J03 In Fourth Gear

I enjoy reading about the restoration. Man I need to get a garage. :rolleyes: Then I could get going on my project.

18. MaryT

MaryT Guest

You're doing such a great job, shifty [​IMG] It's been in the 60's in the daytime here so I'm working out in the sun and trying to get stuff complete also. You're way ahead of me though!

Keep up the good work!

19. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Great job! Love the big wide tire on it. :D

20. shifty

shifty Guest

Arent those the coolest tires!!!!!! I bet i could smoke them with the 170CI Straight 6!!!!!! they are 16" spares off a Jeep. One of my friends works at a junk yard, and he got me 4 donuts to roll the truck around on while we were working on it.