winter restoration

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by shifty, Oct 30, 2006.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

start????? what are you saying Willis.... dang...the idiots here.. go buy them from the salvage yard and run on them till their bling comes in.... I can't tell you how many times I'll see a car with wheels extended out past the fenders on one side and those stupid hoopdee space savers on the other.... P L E A S E... he did not start it... its already begun...LOL idiots

2. shifty

shifty Guest

i only have the spares on there to roll the old girl around on while the restoration is in progress, and so i dont get over spray on my b.f.g's!!!!! or my ansen mags!!

3. shifty

shifty Guest

Crankin' sound system rebuild!!!!!!!!!! Twin Pioneer TS-877 dual-cone 3 1/2 inch 40W speakers! Will it improve the sound quality of a stock AM radio? Maybe not but it sounds impressive!!!!!

[​IMG]

[ April 12, 2007, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: shifty ]

4. nsr

nsr Guest

Shifty, I can't wait to see her finished. You've got to be itchin' to "get 'er done"! [​IMG]

5. sarah

You are doing such a great job if it makes you feel any better....we are going to get more of the white stuff..... and my bed is still waiting for warmer weather..... :( I guess that's why I have a tonneau cover....

6. shifty

shifty Guest

7. Hyrb

Hyrb Guest

Ya know, you have a better paint job on the inside of your fenders than a lot of do on the outside... [​IMG]

8. shifty

shifty Guest

9. shifty

shifty Guest

10. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yea~UH!!!
    You GO BOY!!!!!!!

11. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

I love watching this restoration. Its coming along great. thanks for the pics.

12. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I agree...AND I thank you fer takin time to post all th progress...(maybe one day I`ll be able to brag right along with yas...)
    It sure has come a long way in such a short period of time and QUALITY work too!!!!

13. 50J03

50J03 In Fourth Gear

If you have not already tell us a little about the paint...what brand?, two stage?, pro's and con's of the paint system...would you use it again?...etc...

thanks...

14. shifty

shifty Guest

Paint..... Inside the box and the door jams, and under the hood and inside the fenders is a urethane enamel. Single stage. That was a Dupont color, cheap and easy!
    Exterior: This was a base clear. RM paints, the Diamont line. Pro's: all you need to do is reduce it. It was shot out of a gravity gun with a 1.5 nozzle at 45psi at the gun. It is built to 15 microns. (although we have no way to measure and check if we have the proper number of microns, we just stop when it looks good!) It dries fast and can be masked in an hour, and has a one week pot life.
    Con's: price. It is their top of the line paint and it is a modified polyester resin. The primer under the paint was a white primer and it was 240.45$ a gallon. The paint (Ford code 8 Springtime Yellow) was 98.08$ per quart. The reducer was 59.40$ for a gallon. The High Solids Clear coat is 210.13$ a gallon and the hardener for the clear is 128.72$ per quart.
    Would i use it again? Yes, despite the cost it is a good product. I have a bike to paint, and a 76 Ranchero a guy in town wants us to paint, and i will use the same system again.

15. sarah

boy....its just so nice.... can't wait till you get her dressed :D :D

16. shifty

shifty Guest

yea Sarah i cant wait either!!!!! we got dads 57 out today... spring is here i need to get it in high gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. shifty

shifty Guest

getting the grille together!!!
    [​IMG]

18. shifty

shifty Guest

tailgate emblems in place!
    I could use a new Ford Fairlane emblem if anyone out there has one!!! PLEASE drop me a line!!!
    [​IMG]

19. sarah

Man that is looking so good.... makes you want to peel out in that banana.... [​IMG] :D :D ;) Awesome job

20. shifty

shifty Guest

Here is the dash back together with the WORKING clock and stock AM radio.

[​IMG]