Wiper switch assistance needed

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Brett Anderson73, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Brett Anderson73

Brett Anderson73 In First Gear

I need a wiper switch for my 73 Chero

the plug was tucked up hidden from sight and after I had found it, it seems the old switch had been broken and part of it was still attached to the plug...

only has 9 pins, where I believe there should be 10... was a 9 pin switch ever used? Or did a pin break off in the plug??

I tried uploading photos, but the forum would t accept the file

2. thebruins

thebruins In Third Gear

I think that before 1973 there were 10 pins and after that 9 pins, but I guess it also depends on if the wipers are intermittent/non-intermittent/concealed. I had my 1979 switch falling apart a while back and it has only 9 pins, both the intermittent and non-intermittent version, and those switches are also used for some 1973 applications. What is the part number on your switch?

Also, if a pin has broken off, it should be still there in the plug and you would definitely notice it missing on the pin-side of the plug.

3. Brett Anderson73

Brett Anderson73 In First Gear

The switch is gone. PO must have taken it out

all that was there was the black plastic and pins so no part number

Pretty dark out, couldn’t see well enough to see if any pins were stuck in the plug

4. thebruins

thebruins In Third Gear

Well, if you can, post a picture of the plug and/or switch remnants. I'd be happy to compare it to mine so you would at least know what to look for.