Yo Billy, Dis is it !

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Hillbilly, May 15, 2010.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Originally that ginger metallic or a brown gold but Buttah yellow is growing on me. Thanks to Pete N. again for turning me onto the deal of a lifetime. I owe ya brother ! Don't think I'll do much modification to this one, just a serious restore.

Attached Files:

2. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Very Nice :D Me like

3. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

That is a thing of beauty, very nice:cool:

4. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Specs! We need specs!!! What engine? Trans? Diff? Come on, don't keep us beggin'!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  5. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Geez Hillbilly! Looks like time for another trip up to the farm.

6. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah! It's gonna' be hard for me to spare the time to come to Tullahoma this year, but gettin' to see that one in person would make the trip even more tempting.

7. Hillbilly

Things got really squirrely lately due to the economy Clark. The number of inhabitants at the farm have grown since you came by last time. It's packrat insanity at it's best I think. Gonna' have to build more roof. Dan, it's got a 2V 351C backed by a C4 thru an open 9 inch at 3:00 ratio. Born in Hot Lanta' but sold new in Bentonville,AR. Got's power steering and air too. Been gathering bit's an' pieces here and there for the day when the war dept. checks off that last item on her list. There'll be two yellow Rancheros in the garage gettin' loved on. Dennis's 72 and my 70.

8. Denny

What good will that do then? The list will only be complete when you're dead.:D

9. Hillbilly

Now Denny, you know that "He who makes the gold makes (some) of the rules." At least they let us think that to keep our egos unruffled. Ya got's to learn to negotiate son. Gettin' cut off works both directions. I been good though, the list is shrinking rapidly.

10. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

nice one as is!

11. Hillbilly

Yes it is Huevos ! Got a few little cosmetic issues to doctor on but nothing like I was expecting on a 40 year old Ford. Biggest change I have in mind will be a set of 15x7 Magnums inside some nice Michelins. I can't really believe I'm saying this, but that 351 C runs stout enough that it stays put just like it is. Thanks guys, I love this Ranchero !

12. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

I see a king cobra clone in Peteys future

13. Hillbilly

Billy, I suppose you already know that Hillbilly's got no remorse when it comes to anything automotive. Having said that here's testimony to his perversion. It cain't be all that imoral can it, after all it does have two four barrels and has four wheels ?

Attached Files:

14. Hillbilly

Nah Carl, not when there's a real King Cobra Ranchero hid in a barn down in Alabama. That search is over, it's now down to negotiatin' on how bad we really want it. Buttah stays as a real street driven Diva.

15. Denny

Hillbilly, is that Cadillac a new addition to the farm or something you've had for awhile? Either way, I like it.;)

16. Hillbilly

Found that wagon down in Texas a few years ago. It's odd enough that it seemed to be a perfect fit with the other orphans here. When someone says that they didn't make none of those pull out that pic. Even has the rear seats that fold down into the back floor like in the 70's Fords.