72 Grille Molding

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by mitch.oliver71, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mitch.oliver71

mitch.oliver71 In Second Gear

yes, I need a 72 grille molding..... any luck, let me know. thanks

2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

search on ebay ,

3. mitch.oliver71

i am, i am.... thanks

4. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

All I can say is good luck on finding that in good condition

5. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

This guy probably has the "Aluminum Grill Molding" your looking for. His name is John and can be reached at (503) 359-9352 in Oregon. He has a very large inventory of used 1972 Ranchero parts, in fact he deals only in 1972 parts. The part you are looking for is very hard to find in good condition and when you do be prepared to pay thru the nose for it. Normally on Ebay they go from $300.00 to $400.00 + shipping! Ones in good condition come up for sale very seldom! I have bought several parts from John and have always been happy with both his quality and fairness in price.
    Dan

6. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

If you haven't already found one, one just came up for sale on Ebay this morning. Its in perfect condition (polished) at a "Buy Now" price of $200.00 + shipping. I don't think your going to beat that price anywhere! I am tempted to buy it myself and just keep it for a spare in case I ever damage mine.
    Check it out,
    Dan

TestDummy likes this.
  7. andrewok1

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Not Stainless Sean its Aluminum

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    andrewok1 likes this.
  10. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

I've been dealing in '72 Ranchero parts for a long time and to find this particular molding in this condition is a "RARE FIND"! Its hard to say what it will bring in the auction but be prepared to pay a good high price for it. This molding is normally destroyed by using the factory OEM bumper jack. If you have a bumper jack, take my advice and take it out of the vehicle, eliminating any chance it might be used. Replace it with a small hydraulic jack.

11. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So, what happens, the bumper deflects upward, contacting the bottom edge of the trim piece? Stupid design.

12. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

If someone "bumps" someone, the lower ends tend to get dinged or cut by the bumper, and the nose sticks out above enough that you can ding up the top part of the surround. Ford made a gazillion of the surrounds as spares and they were fairly easy to locate NOS even just a couple of years ago. They suffer about the same incidence of ding as the Mustang hood trim from 65 up through 70.

TestDummy likes this.
  13. andrewok1

well it sold for 255.00 someone got a steal

14. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I had ALL of my stainless bed trim restored and polished for $200. And there were tons of dings and lots of scratches.

15. 72 gt 429

72 gt 429 In Second Gear

What was that guys last name ? John Aird - Gaston Oregon ?

16. mitch.oliver71

thanks dan, i will call john on monday!

17. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

Yes, it's John Aird and he is in Gaston Oregon. John has always been more then fair with me and has a enormous selection of 1972 Ranchero parts. He is a retired truck driver that does this more or less as a hobby but is very familiar with currant pricing and availability of parts. He is very fair but not "cheep"! Good luck!
    Dan

18. 72 gt 429

72 gt 429 In Second Gear

Well that's what I though from the earlier posts - he was fair on most of the parts I bought from him through ebay, when I first started dealing with him almost 4 years ago then I drove to oregon from calif to pick up a 72 ranchero he said had miner rust in the upper cowl area from many many many emails back and forth - long story short because there's so much to it when I got the car home after pulling the carpet and taking it apart I found out the body could not be saved from the severe rust even the cab roof had many many rust pin holes - he threw in two doors and an extra seat , the seat including the one in the car was rusted beyond use and the two doors weren't even a match for the car , I think he gave me a stearing wheel also that didn't come off a ranchero . By the time I got there late morning bs around town with him got a trailer from u haul from his buddy
    drove in to his trailer on a 5 mile dirt road in the mountains of oregon back woods back woods - it was almost dark that was my mistake loading the car in the mudd I remember it was black frid - for me and the shoppers . So in the dark mudd cold ice cold I'm loading the car the doors the parts for my happy trip back to calif with my new baby to restore . He knew the car was junk and as far as I'm concerned he burned me for my trip money plus the rust bucket he lied about . All his cars are strung out all over the mountain property rusting away he takes goods parts off and sells them but like I said he wasn't honest with this sale and for me that's not a good person - lost 4 K on that deal . Ok you got the short story the long one would get me kicked off here . You take your own chances with that guy .

19. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

It's almost impossible to get kicked off here. Let's hear the long story!

TestDummy likes this.
  20. 72 gt 429

72 gt 429 In Second Gear

That made my day lol - the long story would be better around the camp fire and some cold beers . Live and learn . Don't think the rusted body stopped me I went and bought another 72 and it's going to get done .

andrewok1 and ForistellFord like this.