Off the beat

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Jul 25, 2015.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

But was that pod mounted on a swivel? Imagine trying to drive when the biggest bit of feedback you have, G force, is warped. No thanks.

3. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

its very aesthetically pleasing HB

Hillbilly and TestDummy like this.
  4. TestDummy

That's what she said.

Hillbilly and HuevosRanchero like this.
  5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Couldn't fit my fat a$$ in it for love or money. Oh well, it could be worse, the old Galaxie is holding up just fine and I can enter and exit from it as easy as my TownCars on this end of the line. Ya'll like the Edsel hood ornament ? Desert Toy Galaxie.jpg Desert Toy  Lux.jpg

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  6. TestDummy

It's amazing what these kids can do with computers nowadays. As far as space age goes, this is what I'm talking about.....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Hillbilly, when it comes to the space age stuff, I prefer the background music from Redneck Rampage or things of this variety.

Hillbilly likes this.
  8. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

I've thought about your response trying to decide how I can respond without too much fallout.....

I was raised in the church...how they say it. I was taught to be kind to everybody. Respect others thoughts and opinions. I was raised by a Baptist preacher, deacon Sunday school teacher and was a Sunday school teacher myself.

Over the years I try hard to stick to my roots but still have my rights as a citizen to freedom of speech and religion. I've never denied GOD never will. I respect the commandments and the morals my parents taught me. With that said, I don't believe I'm a liberalist, republican or Democrat because frankly our government sucks. If I could form a coo to overthrow the current government I would but I'm one person. So I abide by the laws.

I was raised to treat everyone equally the same as Jesus did. My freedom of speech allows me to be pro-FORD...anti-dodge all I want to be. I won't deny anyone's happiness even though it may not be my particular happiness.

I have Christian views but however right or wrong they are..?God loves me and I will be forgiven. If 2 women live life in love...that's their choice just as 2 men. I believe in 1 man to 1 woman my 36 years with my man proves that.

My point is..I am who I am and sorry Dan but your statement may apply to a few but not to me.

If the government doesn't change and this country keeps spiraling down the toilet... I may just sell everything and drive north to canada. I25 NORTH ABOUT 20 HRS AND ITS bye bye yall. I love colorado but I hear the Rockies in Canada are just as impressive.

jwarden and Hillbilly like this.
  9. jwarden

jwarden In Third Gear

Sarah

I have to agree with you. Seems like I woke up one day and looked around and can't quite figure out what happened. I was raised basically in a middle class household. My parent's expected me to go to school, get as much education as I could and then get the best job I could and work for what I got. Nowadays, seems like certain members of our society, expect a "free lunch". If you find a nice place to emigrate to let me know, I'll sign up.

10. TestDummy

Every single generation doesn't like how things are going as they get older. People, as a rule, hate change. Ask any 25 year old in 1975, 1985, 2005, whatever, how they think things are going, they'll tell you fine and dandy. Now, that isn't to say I think the future of this country doesn't look bleak, because it does.

11. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's a werid reply Sarah, I'm surprised. Have you ever heard the tongue and cheek phrase 'Jesus saves: terms and conditions apply'? Well, yes he was kind to all people, but his kindness was expected to be met with conversion and penance. Remember, he wasn't just a nice guy. He was giving them a chance of eternal salvation. The prostitute was expected to stop that behavior. The homo was expected to repent and stop that behavior as well. He may have extended a second chance to those that society deemed lost causes, but he fully expected them to follow his teachings. He never said it was OK for them to continue their lifestyle; he told them they could be forgiven if they repented. That's quite a big difference to comprehend.

Now, from that known perspective, how can you say you're living the life GOD inteds you to live, obeying Him all the way, yet still not have a problem with that lifestyle? I can live by the bounds of the laws of this country even if I do not agree with them all. It may be legal in the US to wed a same sex person now, but I don't have to accept it, and God certainly expects them to repent as well. The humans church leaders that choose to bend their beliefs in order to attract more members aren't necessarily correct, you know. You sound a bit hypocritical, actually. Just because gay marriage is the flavor of the month these days doesn't change it morally one single bit. Try at least to be consistent in your 'beliefs'.

12. ribald1

Jesus used a whip to drive out the money lenders and merchants from the temple. He not only beat them, he destroyed their property.
    His tolerance for those who would not admit their sins was very limited.

13. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

I never said I agree with the way things have changed I just don't choose to judge them. God is the judge, those who choose not to live by his word will one day answer to him. I don't deny my God... I've made bad choices in my life and I'll have to stand before him and answer to him. But life is far to short to judge others.

14. ribald1

You created this issue by judging others as judgmental.
    "Judge not lest you be judged" does not mean that one should avoid proper judgement. It means that you should not hold others to a standard that you wish to avoid, as you did in this instance.
    It is the proper role of a Christian to aid sinners, especially as all Christians are sinners, but to deny the sin is also a sin. To aid the sin by counseling that it is acceptable to sin and not repent is not Christianity.

ForistellFord likes this.
  15. TestDummy

[​IMG]

16. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

I agree with Sara. Have felt this way for 30 or 40 years.

17. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

I agree with Sara. Have felt this way for 30 or 40 years.

18. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

LLLL !!
    I thought that was a Barbie Doll with a Hot Wheels Car in them pics ....

D

19. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

LLLL !!
    I thought that was a Barbie Doll with a Hot Wheels Car in them pics ....

D

20. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Naw Dennis, Doug's sister Debbi.