VOTE - Is the site better or worse now it has been changed ???

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by azcolin, Sep 21, 2015.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good to know...;)

2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

3. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Any place where a group of humans gather, is a place where human interaction needs to be humane. Exchanging ideas/opinions/info is what we do; and like the book says, Most of What We Need to Know, we Learned in Kindergarten. Take turns. Share. No hitting or yelling. Be nice. Seems pretty basic. Right?:)

Jimbob and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Right, but we all went to different Kindergartens and have different opinions and approaches in and to how we function and interact in life situations, I prefer discussions from all genres, what works for one doesn't always work for all concerned but it seems to work in here.. until the axe dropped. I'm fairly new in here but it seems like the entire core has been damaged .

Cindy likes this.
  5. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What did I miss? Looking at the first post here it would seem the site changed before I got here. That suggests the site changed again, correct?

The "ignore" feature works well, if that was a newly changed item. :)

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Nothing has changed a couple of members got Banned I am assuming it is temporary and they will be back if they so chose

7. Cindy

ok someone has to say it....."can't we all just get along?" lol

8. 1965 Ranchero 66G

NO.. YES.. maybe.. we will see.. let me think about it.. not a chance I have to have the last word..

It takes diversity to make a community, or a "forum" otherwise you might as well open the book read the first sentence then start over.

9. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Fourth Gear

Hi All , this is the first and only forum I have had anything to do with. I find it very interesting and most times informative. People's opinions vary - just a part of a diverse world that keeps things interesting. I can see from some of the comments that some members may have a bit of history -- I tend to take things with a grain of salt [ where did that saying come from ] and don't mind if someone disagrees with me so this forum seems great to me in it's present form. 2 cents worth from an old 66 owner sitting at work in New Zealand . [ I check in most mornings and again late afternoons NZ time.]

Cindy and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  10. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hi Kiwirancher, and welcome. You'll find all manner of personalities & opinions on this site and, occasionally, even some valuable information about Rancheros(!). It is my favorite site among all the available Ford-related sites.

25 years ago my wife & I honeymooned on Raratonga in the Cook Islands, and discovered it was a vacation spot for Kiwis. We met several very nice Kiwis there, and I went on a marlin fishing trip with two. We consumed a BUNCH of beer, and laughed our asses off the whole time. No marlins though! My favorite foods were Wheatabix and lamb sausage.

11. Cindy

...ok Ill bite.....what is a Wheatabix? Wait, lemme guess.....is it some kinda cracker?

12. beerbelly

13. Kiwirancher

Yeah , close guys. Ours are called Weetbix , much the same as those English ones ! They advertise them here as being what our All Blacks [ look that up carefully ! ] thrive on. Not much of a fan of them myself . Glad some Kiwis were able to entertain you beerbelly. Heading home now and will have a beer in hand very shortly !

14. beerbelly

Yes, I did the research, and glad I did in order to avoid embarrassment! I recall Wheetabix turning to mush shortly after introduction of milk. Cook Islands lager was the beer of choice as I recall.

15. Cindy

Hmm, okay so basically it looks like our cereal Shredded Wheat.

16. beerbelly

17. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ah! A rugby team! OK, got that, but what the hell is rugby??

Actually I know what it is, but never had the endurance for it.

18. 1965 Ranchero 66G

It's kicking the crap out of your opponent and when all is said and done you shake hands and go have a beer together, we will leave the bar fight part out for later discussions and you leave the report button out of it. Semi Lol.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  19. Kiwirancher

Yeah, never had any time for it myself though it is considered our national sport. Spent most of my time under the hood of a car. The beer afterwards I could handle though.