SSBC brake pads ?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by jonnie, Mar 29, 2020.

1. jonnie

jonnie In Second Gear

E3C36575-29A3-4DB3-B1C6-D7754426B387.jpeg Hi,
    I need to replace the front pads on my truck, it’s a ‘65 with an SSBC disc conversion. The callipers have 09515 on them and I’ve added a couple of pics. They look like standard ‘65 mustang pads From pics I’ve seen on internet... does anyone know if they are??
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

I feel your pain...I'd like to find out as well but with them out of business it's going to take some searching. There is a company here in NC that I bought a power booster from and they might know though I haven't asked them yet...? www.mpbrakes.com
    brakes3.jpg

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

RancheroRandy likes this.
  4. jonnie

jonnie In Second Gear

116C418A-13A2-45E6-9504-189461A3CBBD.jpeg Thanks for the replies..
    I’ve found these on ebay and they are cheap enough and even though I don’t want to use cheap brake parts, at least I’ll know that they do or don’t fit.!
    I’ll report back when I try them....

5. jonnie

jonnie In Second Gear

51BCC877-CF27-4A86-A627-38ED61B00DB9.jpeg D41EE4B2-5AAC-449A-9BC3-A87BF463B669.jpeg 537861FA-04C6-4318-855B-9CAE7E28FDC3.jpeg 65 mustang disc pads arrived today & they fitted straight in no the SSBC callipers with no problem, they are exactly the same size.

RancheroRandy, pmrphil and beerbelly like this.
  6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Can this be made into a 'sticky' so it doesn't get lost?

7. jonnie

jonnie In Second Gear

Andy, that’s fine with me, I’m glad it might help others.... only thing is, I don’t know how to make it ‘sticky’!

8. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Their website is still up and running. i didnt know they went out of business. have you called them?

9. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's a new company (SSBC-USA)- supposedly they bought up all of SSBC's stuff. Have no idea if they're up and running or not, especially with this virus going on. The original SSBC went under last year.

10. jonnie

jonnie In Second Gear

Just had a look at that site & the mustang front kit callipers carry the same 09515 number as mine. The description says “Kelsey Hayes style Shelby / GT calipers, brackets, and splash shields are made from the original FORD prints and 100% made in the USA.“ which I guess explains the pads I bought fitting ok!
    All I want to do now is cruise about a bit, enjoy the truck & bed them in but with all this ‘lockdown’ stuff, I’m not sure when that’ll happen..!

11. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Thats good info. -thanks for sharing.