Source for a Fuel Filler Neck Hose for a '64

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by Craiggersfalcon, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Craiggersfalcon

Craiggersfalcon In First Gear

Can't seem to locate one of these anywhere. Wondering if anyone here has a source for one that is preformed like the original. If I have to buy some stock hose of the proper diameter and make one, I will. Just trying to avoid that. Thanks, in advance, for any help that you can provide.

Craig R.

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Buds 67 likes this.
  3. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

4. Craiggersfalcon

I should have mentioned that I tried all of the above mentioned sources. I started with Mac's. It took nearly a month to find out that it was not currently available. You can't speak with anyone there as you're just put on hold forever. You're given the option to email them instead if you prefer. They don't reply to emails so that's a waste of time. I finally used the phone option to cancel my order. That worked as I was able to speak with someone after holding for a while. I don't plan on dealing with them in the near future as they are having a time of it. Their feedback ratings reflect their very poor service. Falconparts.com does not list the hose and neither does Colliers. In fact, the hose I am replacing came from Colliers. The hose has been on the car for 5 years and has split lengthwise in 2-3 places. I guess they just don't make them with the same quality as the originals. I did place an order with C&G. It's also on backorder with them but I'm hoping for better service than I received from Mac's. Thanks for the recommendations!

Craig R.

5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I guess the pandemic supply chain issues are the problem.
    Another thought- after I replaced the gas cap on mine, it wouldn't relieve pressure in the tank, and there was a rush of air out of the filler when the cap was removed. If that's the case it will eventually split the hose:

blown filler hose.JPG

6. RancheroRandy

Mine did the same thing :(
    filler tube split.jpg

7. RancheroRandy

8. Craiggersfalcon

I'm currently using the factory original cap. I'm not sure just how well that old cap is venting. Maybe that's part of my problem. Thanks for sharing that info.

Craig R.

9. Craiggersfalcon

10. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

I don't know if they are in stock, but the filler hose is listed on MelvinsClassicFordParts.com

11. Craiggersfalcon

I received a phone call this morning from C&G and they actually have a correct pre-formed hose available. It's not on backorder. Hooray! It will be shipped shortly.
    Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Craig R.

beerbelly likes this.