New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. spoiler2

spoiler2 In First Gear SILVER MEMBER

Yep it's one and the same, Body and underside are rock solid and straight, motor and interior are shabby right now. I get to fight the title battle with teh Illinois guys next spring.

Seats, dash, (All 3 colors), and shifter are already out. New rug with the 4 speed hump just got here. So I have to install the new hump and stock shifter I got from a retired guy in Mi with a garage full of Ranchero parts.
    Looking to be showing this spring lots to do

Attached Files:

2. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome to the collective!

If the 'Chero in your Avatar came from a golf cart company in Costa Mesa, Ca then I've seen it in-person. Last fall I re-built an electric golf cart for my Father-in-law and bought some of the parts I needed from a golf cart place in Costa Mesa; it was parked in their lot. If it's the same car it looked like a good builder; it was the wheels which really stood-out to me. Sounds like it'll be a great project for you!

Kevin

3. blackRancho

blackRancho In First Gear

beyond borders

Dear All, this is Eyk (like Ike) from germany and I want to introduce myself in short way. I'm 45 years old and love American Classics since I was a boy.
    I grew up in East Part of Germany, so we hadn't a chance for a long period to get a classic car. Now, I own a 75er ElCamino and a 79er Ranchero Brougham.
    It's not hard to belive that its very difficult to get parts and information here in germany, so I hope that I get help, If I get in trouble during restore the car.
    First Question...How ca I find out wether its a Cleveland or a Windsor Engine and makes it a difference ? The VIN is: 9H48HI******

Thanks to all Members and Rancho Drivers for take time to reading, wish you all the best for the new Year !

cheerz, eyk

4. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Hi Eyk, welcome to the board.

It is unlikely that your '79 has a Cleveland motor, that type was discontinued years earlier. The "H" code says it's a 351 cubic inch motor. So then if the valve covers have 6 bolts holding them on it is a 351w, if they have 8 bolts then it is a 351m.

The 351m looks much like a Cleveland, but is not the same motor inside. It is a 'destroked' version of an earlier 400 cubic inch motor.

Hope that helps.

5. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

I ship parts across seas!! Especially for the 77-79 years. Hope your restoration starts out smoothly.

6. blackRancho

Hey, thanks for the welcome and for your informations.:)
    I'm gonna check it as soon as I can, right now te car isn't in my garage.

greetz, eyk

7. blackRancho

Hey Doc,
    thanks for the offer, I'm sure there will be parts I need someday...:)

greetz, eyk

8. 79USMC

79USMC In Second Gear

new from northern mn.

Hello everyone. Ive been checkin out this forum for a while now and everyone has real good knowlage and great ideas.I own a 79. 500. That I really enjoy and with the help of u all I hope to share ideas on upgrades and general knowhow. Ever since I got this cary mind had been s pinning with ideas snd now jus t dreamin about gettin her back on the road in the spring:)

9. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

You where I am at :) So when you need help look me up. (BTW welcome aboard!)

10. 44SoB44

44SoB44 Guest

Howdy folks

I've been lurking here for some time now.
    I've found some very helpful info. Here.
    Just thought I'd say hi, and thanks for supporting
    A dying breed.

SoB

11. parts4me

Welcome to the board, what year ranchero do you have?

12. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Is that a haiku?

13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

God bless you. And welcome, you and the new guy.

14. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The more members here, the better.
    I think I'll wear a sweater,
    Cold, old, ugly, not mine,
    The 1979

Thank you.

15. 44SoB44

44SoB44 Guest

I have a 79 GT. 351w
    And a 79 500. 351m

I been trying to upload pics from my IPhone
    But upload keeps failing. ???

16. Andy McElhaney

Andy McElhaney In Third Gear

Just wondering. Does the B44 in you name indicate ownership of a BSA B44? I have a 1968 B44SS.

17. parts4me

Awesome. More of the 77/79 years on here!:D

18. adestes

adestes In First Gear

New to Forum

Hi,

My name is Allen. I have owned 2 Rancheros when I was younger and am now looking to purchase for long term. I live in CA so smogging is an issue. Right now I prefer a 1970-71 squire. Any thoughts or leads for me?

19. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

All Rancheros are highly subject to rusting issues; they leak water around the front of the bed and through the heater. Seller probably won't let you lift rug to inspect, so insist on getting under the car to look for holes in the floor pans. Also poke around in the back corners of the two cubbies under the front of the bed [where the spare is located].

'70 - '71 is a good choice from a modernization POV -- many of them came with front disks and 9" rear axles, 5-lug wheels, etc. You can still buy most running-gear parts for them at the common auto parts stores, brake hoses, wheel cylinders, brake boosters, etc. And they also came with a bunch of motor / trans choices. You can even buy rebuilt power steering parts.

20. adestes

adestes In First Gear

Thanks for the info

Yeah I am wanting to use it not just park it and look at it so I will try to be as careful as possible. Amazing what some people think they are worth!