Ranchero/Montego update

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Dan the ranchero man, May 28, 2008.

1. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

used to having red background on the magnum center caps anyway...its all good!

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

That was my train of thought as well. The guy had no clue when the black ones would be available. (told me he had guys waiting 15 weeks already) so it was red for me!!!! :)

3. Dan the ranchero man

Jack set up

One of the things I like to change in the rancheros is the jacking system. I hate the bumper jacks/tire irons provided with the car. That is why I convert to a bottle jack,breaker bar with a 13/16 socket and a wheel chock. I have photos earlier in this post of the tire relocation. Here are some shots of the jack set up. First photo will show everything mounted. The second shows how nicley the wheel chock hides the jack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dan the ranchero man

Tires soon!!

Very soon (next week I hope) the new tires and wheels will be mounted on the ranchero "MX". I will have the photos posted as soon as this is done. This will most likely be one of the last posts (I make after the tire on car photos) for this thread. I want to thank everyone for thier help and comments on this car while I was putting it together. Take care for now and photos next week :) !!

5. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

I am making an aluminum drawer that is the width of the rear area, and the same depth , that is 3 inch deep, enough to store the jack, base, handle, 12 ga shotgun, 45 acp , road flares and other things. I have installed the drawer, will make the drawer face on monday and them take some pics.

6. Iron Mullet

Iron Mullet In Third Gear

I'm looking forward to the wheel pictures, but am wondering how we are going to get by without Ranchero/Montego updates!

What tire size did you go with?

7. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Was wanting to see some modified Sport Panels on the doors.....:(

8. Dan the ranchero man

Guess I will have to start another project :D :D :D (wife would kill me!)

9. Dan the ranchero man

Not sure if I was going to try that route. I was tossing the idea around of t-bird door panels at some time. I will be replacing the std two spoke wheel with a three spoke rimblow when money allows first. Hey! I guess there will be another update!! :D

10. hawk

hawk In Fourth Gear

Dan,keep this thread going. You're having an awesome adventure and we love following it.

11. LUCKYJACKASS

LUCKYJACKASS SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER

Wow. Beautiful project. That thing looks awesome. Sorry to hear of your dealings with the body shop. Look forward to seeing the pics with the new wheels. :cool:

Read all 51 pages tonight and was amused at one of your early posts - I wish we were still bitching about gas at $2.65/gal. :mad:

12. Dan the ranchero man

First thanks for the complement. Second $2.65/gal seems real cheap now dosen't it? You can bet next weekend there will be some pic's!

13. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

This sounds like a brilliant idea. Eagerly awaiting updates. I presume you're using standard drawer slides on the sides?

14. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

You guys that want modified sport door panels , has anyone done any? And if not what do you think about a larger speaker molded in the panel and a storage pocket under the arm rest?

15. Dan the ranchero man

Wheels And Tires!!!!

Well like promised I am posting the Ranchero "MX" with it's new wheels and tires. I am pretty happy with the look (I know sitting high is not everyones thing but I love it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Thats a beaut!

17. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

Nice, very nice! :)

18. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

As expected Dan..top shelf-first class work!Please post pics of engine bay,interior.Thanks for sharing.

19. Iron Mullet

Iron Mullet In Third Gear

Awesome, Dan. Just Awesome!

20. Dan the ranchero man

If you go back on this thread I believe there are some photos of both. :) If you are looking for others than the ones posted let me know. Take care Dan