What size tire are you runing?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by scrnic1, May 20, 2011.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

2. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Rear 275/60/15's seem to be a very popular choice. I just found a nice used pr dirt cheep..goin' to look at em' as we speak. Will replace the 235/70/15's I got now.

3. 71 Whitesale

71 Whitesale In Fourth Gear

245/45-17s on 17 X 8 Mustang GT rims with 1" spacers on a 71 Ranchero

4. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

5. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

Seafoam71 asked
    I am running 8" Weld Drag Lites front and rear

6. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Thanks Fo' I just got my 275's for the back..they're beauties, 2 very nice used Dunlop GT's for $40 otd can't be beat.My rims gotta be at least 8"-8.5" so I'm good to go.

7. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

Yea ,,Cheros being the size they are look good with big ones on there... I am waiting till I fry my 275s off and go back to 295 50's ,,,They are available again after a few years of not being from Goodrich..the 275;s are nice but I like the 50 series even more,,, Leave one hell of a footprint,,,,,,,[​IMG]

8. steeread

steeread Guest

Should this be a Sticky?

9. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

I offered up that idea before i began the thread...some smart ass replied"You go ahead and gather the information and then maybe" or something to that effect...lol. No hard feelings btw, but it was smart ass response at the time, it made me chuckle because i understood what a PITA it is to take on the task of making a proper sticky....I think i have a word document started listing the cars by year and sizes known to work from members...ill have to dig it up. A condensed version would work better than this long thread...

10. billyons

billyons In Fourth Gear

I have 205/70/14's on my 1960.

11. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Anybody ever run a 255/60/15 on the Front. I got a '71 chero stock height. I wonder if they would work on the front without rubbing.:eek:

I got these new 255's for the rear to replace some old used 275/60/15 I had, but they look kinda small for the rear.

I did a tire size compare and they are very similar with a little less diameter but a little wider than the 225/70/15's I'm currently running on the front. for the next pair I buy I'd go back to the 275's on the rear.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  12. Billy Zoom

Billy Zoom In Fourth Gear

Remember that you'll need a stock rim and tire for a spare, or it won't fit behind the seat and under the bed.

13. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

I'm sure 255's will work, has 245's on 20" wheels in front and 275 20" rear, going to put 315 20's in the rear and will try the 275's in front :D:eek:
    That I think will be to much in front but now its a lot of space. Offcause this is a 72 so might not be posible to compear.
    But has to fix my tranny first.:(

14. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

I found a space saver spare from some sort of Lincoln that really opened things up back there. Was unused, too. $10 rancherobux at u-pullit:

[​IMG]

15. gizmo6958

gizmo6958 In Second Gear

235/70R15s all around on 15X7 Torq Thrusts

16. KenW.

KenW. In Fourth Gear

I'm running Mickey Thompson Sportsman fronts - 26"x7.5x15" on 3.5" Centerlines, and Mickey Thompson 28"x11.5"x15" ET Streets on 8.5" Centerlines with a 4.5" back space.
    The look:
    [​IMG]
    Without the smoke cloud:
    [​IMG]

17. shoprat

shoprat In Fourth Gear

I like that! Very nice. My 57 ran about the same #'s

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
  18. Spawn613

Spawn613 In First Gear

Hopefully this weekend I'll be bringing home my first Ranchero. It's a 1972 with a 351 Cleveland. There's a set of wheels I want to get for it, but the smallest size they come in are 17x9 and the lowest offset is +25mm which equal 5.98" backspacing. Judging by the size I've found some people running, these will probably work in the back, but what about up front?

19. Spawn613

Spawn613 In First Gear

Well, I did find a second choice of wheels that come in 17x7.5 with +20mm offset making 5.02" backspacing.

20. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

U B BAD!!!!!!!!!